6: Can't Conmect Dots

February 7th 2021 - 4PM
Jousy Rezar Youngling - 17
Maryland, Baltimore - Mall

Layla picked up Dexter and sat him on the counter, making sure to hold his back up. "How JawJaw baby doing?" She pinched his cheeks and talked to him in a baby voice.

"My number one customer been being a good baby?" She asked him as I leaned on the counter. Putting my hands on Dex back, feeling up on Layla hands while at it, rubbing circles and what not.

She looked at me and laughed.

I looked at Dexter then put my ear up to his mouth, "what is that I hear...?" I asked then looked up at Layla.

"My son said go get him those shoes we came for..." I bite my bottom lips looking at her coldly. She sighed and pulled her hands from under mines before walking to the back.

I grabbed Dex and pulled him into my arms. "You like her? You want her to be step mommy? She treat you nice?" I asked like he could understand. He babbled somethings back to me and I nodded.

I could feel eyes on me and I looked towards the worker who can never act like I'm not there.

"What the deal is?" I questioned his hard mug towards me.

"That's my girl dawg." Nervous laced his words, and I nodded.

"Cool." I shrugged not seeing why he felt the need to tell me that. Layla came back with three boxes in her head and showed me each of them one by one.

"I only ordered him the 4s." I squinted confused on why she brought out some Jordan 11s.

"A gift from me, to my lil best friend." She smiled and I nodded while Dex babbled.

"He said he appreciate it." I "translated" his sounds and she laughed.

"No problem." She put the boxes into a bag and handed it to me. I could feel the dude eyes on me as I walked away.

next day
Dewayda

I sat down at my desk, letting out a sigh as I went to take a sip of my gatorade.

"I just want to let everybody know that test brought down this class's grade average by a whopping ten percent." The teacher said and a few heart aching winces from students who knew their grade went down echoed through the classroom.

"How y'all not passing a CC class." This girl mugged, and everybody scoffed at her. I don't know, maybe because this teacher just give us worksheets, and sit at her desk instead of teaching.

"Anyways, y'all know that boy I was telling y'all about?" This girl Mariah at a table next to my desk spoke to her friends. And I made sure to listen in because I knew she was finna drop some tea.

"Yes, the boy with the baby, Jousy." Her friends clapped wanting to hear more.

"Tell me why, it's out that the baby is by his Godmother." Mariah said, and her friends gasps as I furrowed my eyebrows. By his Godmama?

"Gurl, the Godmomma posted a picture of the baby, with the caption, "my hero, my heart, my son" and when people seen it was his baby they put the dots together." She gossip to her girls.

"That is ghetto, ghetto. Unt. Unt." One of them said.

"Definitely considering that he seventeen and she like thirty some." The girls faked gagged and at this point I was fully intrigued.

"But anyways, since we on the topic of him. My cousins Layla tryna dump her boyfriend and get closer to him. She said she starting to have feelings for him and all." And the plot thickens. Wow.

"Tell her to quit it. He obviously got a hectic life and she does not to be getting involved in that." Her friends said and all I could think was, right and that's period.

"I tried to tell her that...but she seem all in love and shit. The whole situation is sicken. Definitely because she already know he pretty much a hoe and he be running around doing all types of shit with girls." Mariah explained some more.

"He need to be focusing on that son of his." Her friend mugged.

"That's Layla defense, that he slowed down once his son was born and his main focus is his son." Mariah continued and I nodded. I started to think about Rez and Dex.

"So why is she tryna get with him? I'm gone need to have a talk with ole girl LayLay." Her friend clapped.

"Yep you do, and Jousy usually low key about everything, he don't post on social, he don't show his son face. And you knowwww." Mariah smirked.

"Those usually be the fastest, hoest, and wildest out." Her friend finished and I nodded agreeing.

"But girl, the most I can say is....at least he fine, that man is fine. He knows what he doing when it come to dressing. His son be dripped out, that's the cutest smallest little baby ever." Mariah gushed letting out a breath of stress.

"He sell girl?" Her friend looked at her with side eye.

"Lay said he work at a shoe store, you know they pay good, and be hooking it up with the discounts." Mariah said and my eyebrows furrowed.

Ole Jousy starting to sound like Rez twin.

"Hmm, I don't know he probably still sell on the side." Her friend suggested and she shrugged.

I knew Mariah and her friends were nice, so I wanted to just slid over there. But I didn't want to jump to conclusions nor seem nosey.

"How old is his son?" One of her friends asked.

"Four months or some." She answered and I pulled out my phone.

How old is Dex?

I messaged Rez but he didn't get back to me.

"Child I'm still stuck on the fact that he was sixteen when that lady spelt with him."