8: Connections

February 13th 2021 - 2PM
Jousy Rezar Youngling - 17
Maryland, Baltimore

I passed the blunt to Waz, who took a pull and passed it to Donny, he smoked it and passed it to Tamtam, who took a pull and passed it to me, but while he was passing it, he let go of it before I could grab it causing it to drop and hit the ground.

I looked at the blunt, then up at him, and did this a few times before picking it up and taking a pull, moving on like nothing happened.

I'm not in a relationship so it's impossible for somebody to cheat on me.

"Ahem." Waz rejected the blunt and I looked at him weird before attempting to pass it to Don. He shook his head, sighing.

"Not in the mood to smoke." He shrugged, so I gave it back to Tamtam who passed it back to me without smoking it.

I sighed before smoking, I let out smoke, put the blunt behind my ear and stood. I made my way to the door and left. I walked across the street and up to Wayda house, where I knocked on the front door.

It was opened and a familiar face appeared, "do I know you?" He asked as I stared at him quietly, trying to think.

"Um, Wayda here?" I asked and he looked at me with a lifted mug.

"Do I know you?" He repeated, and I chuckled rubbing the back of my neck.

"Naw, but is Wayda here?" It was my turn to repeat myself.

"Who the fuck is you?" He asked and I could tell it was his last time asking me, so I laughed.

"I'm the one yo daughter be begging to pick her up every time you and that wife of yourns is arguing. So naw, you don't know me, but I'm familiar." I introduced myself, "Is Wayda here?"

He stared me down in animosity but nevertheless, "DEWAYDA, down here, now!"

Ten seconds passed before Wayda came to the door, and the whole time he stared me down, this time allowed me to figure out who he was.

Ain't this about a bitch, I thought once I had remembered where I seen his face.

"What Rez?" She looked at me with wide eyes, referring to her dad.

"You not tryna hang with me today?" I asked, and her eyes wandered towards Kameron house.

"Um, depends where..."

"Kam's...." I kinda smirked and she gulped, not being suspicious at all.

"I don't know, I gotta study for a real big test coming up, maybe tomorrow." She said, and I was happy with her answer so I smiled.

"That's alright, see you soon." I said closing the door for her before turning around and making my way back to the house.

Once I got in there I sat on the couch and grinned without saying a word. I took the blunt and played with it in my hand.

"Tell us, tell us bruh." Waz was the first to speak and I let out a chuckle, not saying a word still.

"Bitch what you know?" Tam was the second to speak, and I shook my head, playing with my ear, keeping the grin big.

"Hmm, he don't know shit he just salty." Don tried to use reverse psychology on me, but I didn't fall for it, just shrugged at his words.

"Nigga I'm a cry if you don't say nothing." Waz said.

"I'm gone tell auntie you was being mean to me." Tam said.

"Y'all some lame asses." I straight faced them, and a smile cracked on their faces.

"Y'all know that dude who owe up 5?" I spoke and they seemed to grow even more intrigued, sitting up and leaning towards me, they elbows on they knees.

"Truth I say it, Wayda's dad." I finally let it spell, a big goofy grin on my face, the opposite on theirs.

"Stop lying mane." Tam said, and I shook my head.

"Truth to Heaven." I put my heads up in defense.

"So you telling me her pops a cock head..?" Waz mouth was kinda ajar and I nodded.

"You really hit the jackpot with this one." Don said and I nodded while cheesing, taking in the joke.

"We know his location, so you really did hit the jackpot." Tam got serious and I looked at him, my smile going away.

"Good one, JawJaw, my boy." Waz slapped my side a bit.

"Yo- you said Wayda slept with you?" I asked Tam, and he looked at me with his head tilted.

"I ain't never said that." He said straight like that.

"I want in on whatever y'all got planned." I said and they all spoke they head in sync, telling me no.

"Mane, why?"

"It's only 500. We don't got nothing plan." Don tried to set that straight, and they looked over at him.

"Actually Rez, Jousy my boy, we got a job for you. Keep a close eye on the junkie." Waz told me, and I nodded.

"Bet bet bet. I can handle that." I smiled and they looked at me like I was a little kid, leaning back.

45 minutes later.

I held Dexter in my arms as he dosed off to sleep and I watched Grey's Anatomy on the living room TV.

My mom walked into the area and smiled, "how my JawJaw and DexDex doing?" She asked sitting next to me.

"Dex said he want a sister." I smiled at her and she straight faced me.

"Momma I want a daughter." I stressed, and she shook her head.

"No."

"Mom, what would be the harm in it? Please." I begged and she mugged me.

"Boy, you still live in my house, in the basement at that." She mushed my head, and I rolled my eyes.

"Mane, whatever."

"Watch him while I go to work." I stood and handed him over, she shook her head sighing.

"And then it's this, I'm watching him." She complained and I laughed.

"Not my fault ya best friend, yatta yatta yatta." I muttered under my breath as I walked away. My mom loves me, she has sympathy so she do what she has to do for Dex and me.