19: Early

October 5th 2021 - 10PM
Jousy Rezar Youngling - 17
Maryland, Baltimore

I held onto Wayda hand as she calmly breathed. She was rubbing her belly as I was thinking about that DNA test.

I know the dates add up, but it's always a possibility the nurse messed up or she was messing with someone else around time of conceiving.

"Get me some epidural, get me some epidural." Dewayda waved at the nurse and she nodded.

"Maybe your wife needs you to sit in the bed with her." The nurse said to me, and I titled my head before she walked off.

"She don't like me bruh." I told Wayda, but she was in too much pain to respond.

"You're going to have to push now." The doctor told her, making the light hold on my hand become a grip. It was eleven now, and the baby was officially ready to come out.

Small whimpers came from her mouth as she tried her best to push.

"Some words of encouragement might help." The nurse gave me a tight lip smile and I turned to Wayda.

"Words of encouragement." I whispered in Wayda ear with a clear attitude and she laughed, the baby popped right out and the nurses clapped.

"Good job, you did it." They acted as if she was a mother with no family here to support her.

The doctor placed the crying baby on Wayda's bare chest and tears came from Wayda eyes. A nurse handed me umbilical scissors and I cut the cord.

"He's so beautiful." Wayda said and I smiled, "because he look like me." I told her and she playfully rolled her eyes.

"Look at those eyes." She adored and from the corner of my eye I seen the placenta come out of her.

After five minutes of Wayda holding her, the OB had to take the baby and run the test and exams needed.

I sat in the chair next to the hospital bed and continued to hold Wayda hand.

The baby was back with us within thirty minutes and Wayda was now breastfeeding. I got to hold the baby after and I couldn't help but smile.

My phone started to ring in my back pocket and I guessed it was my mom so I cradled him in one hand and took my phone out my with the other.

I picked it up, "Layla is in early labor, she asked me to call you. We're in John Hopkins Hospital, room 34."

"Okay, okay, I'm here." I sighed then hung up the phone, I stood and handed him to Wayda.

"Where you going?" She mugged, "somebody I know in this hospital, I gotta go check up on them." I answered her before leaving out.

I went down the hall by a few rooms and walked in. She was on the bed with a face leaking pain.

"Not again, not today at least." I sighed to myself before walking over to her bed.

"AHHH, AHHH, Rez baby please." She cried while squeezing the absolute shit out of my hand.

"Don't push yet." The nurse told her and she started to sob.

"I got to, please I have to." I could tell she was in so much pain, it made my stomach turn.

The baby wasn't due for another week, but Layla water broke early, and she was having hella contractions, painful ones.

Her boyfriend- well ex wasn't here because he dumped her ass and ain't claim the bastard baby. Wasn't with that cheating shit she had done.

She wasn't ten centimeters dilated yet, only eight at the moment.