11: Her People

February 19 2021 - 11PM
Sofia Ellis Weiss - 19
Maryland, Baltimore

I held my arm under Iz butt making sure to hold her neck with my hand, walking beside Rez who had Dex in the cart's baby seat. We were walking down the baby food isle.

"Izzy like these?" He pointed out some banana yogurt blend, and I shrugged.

"Never tried it, Dex?" I asked, and he picked it out putting it in the cart while nodding.

"He like anything that's strawberry or banana flavored. But since he still on milk I just blend a little in." He said and I smiled because I could tell he was a good father.

I grabbed some and put it in the cart, "we'll have to see, isn't that right Iz." I could feel Rez eyes on me, growing self conscious I turned to him.

"So...you gotta man?" He asked and I could tell he was just asking to speak and not that he really cared, causing me to tilt my head at him.

"I wouldn't have slept with you if I did." I rolled my eyes, and he sleazily shrugged.

"With that being said, do you gotta girl?" I sorta mugged and he slowly licked his lips.

"To answer the question how you did, I woulda slept with you either way.....but naw." He shyly smirked, and I was damn near speechless. Like, what the fuck? 

"You tricked me yesterday, girls don't understand you because you only care about your son. They just don't understand why your such an ass." I stared him down in disgust and he scoffed.

"How's that the case?" He seemed to be confused.

"Because you basically just admitted you'd cheat, no hesitation." I reminded him of his words.

"I ain't never been in no relationship, not one in my life. So I don't think it much matter, I'm not in commit. You get, ya hear?" He asked, talking to me like a kid and for some reason I nodded.

"So...like, if you was to get in a relationship...could those morals change?" I curiously asked and he smirked.

"I don't know, I'll have to see." He stared into my eyes.

"We'll have to see..." I followed up.

"Results never lie, so...." He nodded.

Late hours into the evening.
Jousy Rezar Young

"So who's Dex's mom?" Dewayda, who was laying on my chest asked.

"A lady I dropped him off to earlier." I answered her question indirectly causing her to suck her teeth.

"I barely know anything about you. Is Rez even your real full name?" She asked and my eyebrows furrowed at her sudden curiosity.

"Girl, don't worry about it." I said and she sat up to look at me.

"It's funny how you expect me to trust you with my body, I'm in your room alone with you. It's funny, it's fucking hilarious. What's your real name Rez, what is it?" She got serious and harsh.

"JawJaw, my full name is JawJaw Rez Yo." I incompletely told the true not feeling comfortable enough.

"Yo momma did not name you no fucking JawJaw but okay." She laid back down on my chest.

"You can't go to sleep mad..." I sucked my teeth.

"Then take me home." She responded.

"It's close to midnight." I told her.

"Than shut up." She told me, I sighed and wrapped my arms around her.

I slowly opened my eyes and realized it was morning. I locked at the wall clock and seen it was seven o'clock in the morning.

I shook Wayda awake and she moaned, groaned, and kicked.
"This how you wake in the morning?" I mugged lightly pushing her to the right of me, where she laid out on the space of the bed.

I got up from my bed, and walked out my room, my cat rushing in as soon as I opened the door.

"Neil Armstrong bother her as much as possible for me, okay." I told her before walking across the hall to the bathroom.

While I was brushing my teeth Wayda came in and wrapped her arms around my stomach, laying her head on my back. I could tell she was sleep because her mouth was open and slob was dripping on my skin.

"Lil girl." I said after spitting and rinsing my mouth.

"Hmm?" She forced out and I sighed.

"You so tired, get back in bed." I said and she shook her head no against my back.

"You gotta go anyways, I'm finna go to my girl house." I said and she quickly lifted her head.

"Boy if you don't- never mind I know exactly what you just tried to do." She laid her head back down an I rolled my eyes.

"I'm talking about yo house." I wanted to shriver in disgust at what I just said, but I could feel her smile.

"Okay." She rubbed her finger tips on my stomach before unwrapping her arms and walking into my room.

I looked up at myself in the mirror, and shuffled my nose.

-

I pulled up to Wayda house and parked, I seen both her parents cars were there causing me to smile.

"I guess it's time." She sighed before we got out the car. We walked up to the house and she used her key to unlock the door. Her parents were cuddled up on the couch but instantly looked back at us when we walked in, it looked like we disrupted something.

I sheepishly smiled bitting my lip while at it, "now who is this?" Her mom asked and I walked towards the couch sitting down right next to her.

"I'm JawJaw or Rez, ya daughter friend." I introduced myself and they looked back at her.

"Come, come here Dewayda." Her mom said and Wayda sat on the little couch next to the one we were on.

"Who this little boy?" She got straight to it and Dewayda gulped.

"Um, he know who I am, he met me." I pointed to her dad and everyone turned to him. He gulped, and shrugged.

"I just opened the door for him, ahem. Dewayda explain." He turned it back on her and I mugged.

This fucking cock head.

"You definitely remember me, can't forget a face like this." I cheesed, and the mom looked at me with a goofy smile.

"It would be like you to bring a boy this way home, I'm dead as hell. I'm crackling." Her mom joked and I could tell she was funny but not with none of the sneaking around shit.

"Aww, you like me." I smiled leaning back on the couch.

"How y'all meet?" She asked us, and I stood going to sit next to Dewayda on the small couch.

"We met just like this, across the road." I pointed

"Across the road....?" They said in sync.

"Rez." Dewayda muttered and nudged me.

"Metaphorically..." I said in a duh tone.