4: Like It Too Soon

February 2nd 2021 - 4PM
Jousy Rezar Youngling - 17
Maryland, Baltimore

February 2nd 2021 - 4PMJousy Rezar Youngling - 17Maryland, Baltimore

- "This not new to me, and you understand that."

I walked to the living room with Dex in my arms. Making sure to hold his head close to me.

I seen my momma sitting on the couch, next to my sister who was busy in her phone.

"Give me my grandson." My momma reached her arms out for him, and I gladly gave him up.

"Finna go. Thanks for watching him." I smiled then quickly walked off, leaving her face ajar.

I made my way down the stairs, where I grabbed my momma keys, slipped on my shoes and dipped.

"Who really got structure? None of these niggas. They look up to me, I be soning these niggas. I been outside, I don't run from these niggas. I used to throw hands, but now I got a gun for these niggas." I rapped along with the music as I waited for Dewayda to walk out of her house.

Sometime passed before I beeped again, after that beep she walked out a good 30 seconds later.

She came out with a itty bitty cropped wife beater, but she had a black halfway unzipped PINK jacket over it, and some black PINK joggers to match. To finish it off some black Jordan 4s.

When she got into the passenger seat I checked her out, her hair was straightened and in a high ponytail.

"We fintsa go rob a bank." I pointed out that we was both wearing all black, me being in a all black Nike set, with black A1s.

"Yeah let's go." She circled her index finger with the long black dazzled acrylic in the air making me laugh.

As she put back on her last piece of clothing article, I took a  picture of us in the mirror.

I kinda admired what I did to Dewayda. Her hair wasn't much straight anymore given all that wetness and sweat. Her eyelash extensions was lost. Her mascara had smeared up under her eye.

"It's not fair how boys get to leave sex looking how they did before. While us girls." She rolled her eyes.

"Damn. I got you acting feisty already." I joked around and she blushed.

I sat on the bed as she tried to fix herself in the mirror. She eventually sighed, giving up then walking over to me. She gave me a deep peck on the lips.

"Here." I pulled two 20s out my pocket and tried to hand it to her. She looked at it suspiciously and I laughed.

"It's for your hair, or lashes, or whatever you need fixed up." I shrugged and she pushed my hand away.

"Why a forty though?" She stank faced.

"I'm not the shady type." I stuck the 40 in her jacket pocket.

"Yeah but you do have a son to feed, I'm not that grimy Rez." She took the forty out and clapped it in my hand.

I wondered why she cared so much, she don't even know my real name. I wanted to be nice before I went ghost, and now I'm gone feel bad because she didn't let me do the least I could do.

I dropped it, and shrugged.

"Wanna go home?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"I don't think so." She sorta pouted and I nodded.

That was not the answer I was hopping for.

"Why you never wanna be home?" I asked considering the fact that she always asking can I come get her.

"Because it's never no one there, so I be scared. Then when there is someone there, it's arguing going on." She said and I nodded.

I think I understand, my parents argue sometimes, over petty shit though.

"Want to meet Dex?" I acted irrational which I don't know if that was a good idea.

I haven't fucked anyone since Dex was born until today. So this could be the first time one of these girls get to meet my son.

A big smile grew on her face, "you for real?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes, yes, yes." She clapped excitedly, and I stood up.

"Let's go then." I started to walk out my room. I knew Rosary picked up Dexter particular right after I left so we had to go over her crib.

We got in the car, Rosary house not that far, it's only 15 minutes away. I pulled up, we got out the car, and I told Dewayda to knock on the door which she did.

The door was opened by Rosary husband of 10 years. We walked in pass him, and I seen Dex swinging in his swing seat.

I bent down and picked him up. I then left out the house, Dewayda following close behind. When we got in the car, I strapped him into the car seat, and pulled off.

"Aww he looks just like you." Wayda held him.

"Yeah people say that a lot." I nodded, he do look identical to me.

"His eyes, his nose, those eyebrows." She named a few things we had in common.

"You tryna have one of those?" I paused between every word but still managed to get it out. She looked up at me slowly and like I was crazy.

"Not with me, just in general." I cleared up a few things, and she rolled her eyes.

"I like looking at them, holding them. But birthing and taking care of one. Unt Unt, I don't think I could do it." She looked back down at him, growing a smile.

"If I do it, I think anyone can," I shrugged going to sit on my bed and she looked up at me with a slight pout.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked making me shrug again.

"Just is what it is. A baby is expensive but they just need love and support, that's all." I explained that I wasn't doubting myself even if I was just a little.

A warm smile grew on her face.

"You know what you're doing, I'm proud of you." She said making my mouth ajar not in a shocked way but in a no reaction type of way.