Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Someone knocked on the Heath Class door and opened it; Jules looked at Mrs. Walsh and smiled sweetly.

"Um, Mrs. Elliot is in the office for Tristan and Hunter" she said and I frowned; mom never pulls us out of school, ever.

"May I ask why?" Mrs. Walsh asked in her fluid Irish accent and Jules smiled again.

"They have to go to the doctors office for a check-up" Jules lied and Mrs. Walsh actually bought is, because she nodded and we stood up; god knows what Jules is pulling us out for, I just hope it's because of Andi.

"You're not gonna call the office are you?" Jules asked suspiciously.

"Of course not; I would never come between a mother wanting to know her children are healthy, I have children of my own, and I know I would pull them out of school any day, to have a check-up on them" she said in her motherly way; truth is, she treats us all like her own children, for no reason, she just does.

We walked out of the classroom with Jules and as soon as the door closed, all three of us laughed our asses off; Jules can definitely rule out acting as one of her future job choices.

"You are a shit actor!" I howled and she glared at me.

"I saved you from Health Class for a reason" she spat at me and I straightened out, wanting her to tell us that the reason she interrupted a lecture on 'Safe Sex' in Health Class, was Andi, because if it wasn't, then I would be pissed off.

"You have to come home with me; there's something we need to do" Jules told us and we followed her out of the school.

Me and Tristan got in my car and Jules straddled her Harley; she smiled as she started it up and I did twisted the key in the ignition...nothing but a small 'click' happened.

Please don't be the day I have to hotwire my own car!

"What was that?" Tristan asked cautiously and I groaned.

"I think I'm either gonna have to jump start it or walk" I told him and he climbed out of the car; he braced his hands against the bonnet and heaved as he started pushing; I got out and pushed it too while I steered it around until it was facing the exit.

I looked at Tristan and he nodded; we pushed it as hard as we could and it soon started to pick up speed as it rolled down to small hill that led to our sub school, it started to stutter and I jumped in, pressed down on the clutch and it roared to life.

"Thank you god!" I sang as Tristan got in the passenger seat again, I smiled at him and he smiled back; we have our moments.

I drove through the town - it took forever due to the fact that our house is on the other side of the city - and parked in the driveway; Jules stood tapping her foot as she leaned against her bike, waiting for us.

"Sorry babe; we had to jump start the car" Tristan explained and I sighed.

"I can't believe my baby's getting old!" I heaved to myself more than anyone else.

"It was bound to happen sooner of later Hunter; that car was old when dad had it in the eighty's, I guess it's just time for it to go away..." Tristan joked.

"That isn't funny! I love that car! And I swear to god, if I do have to take it to the junk yard, I'm gonna be so pissed" I complained and he smiled sadly at me.

"At least you still have me" Jules said as she hugged us both.

"Jules! Come on! Don't touch him; you don't know where that's been" Tristan joked and I playfully punched his arm.