Chapter 45

Chapter 45

I was rudely woken by the sound of someone awfully singing along to I Want to Break Free by Queen; I buried my head under my pillow as the instrumental started up and the person listening banged around, obviously trying to dance to the annoying beat.

"Shut the fuck up!" Hunter screamed from next to me as he squirmed in the bed sheets; I kicked him so he would stop fidgeting.

"I want to break free! God knows! God knows I want to break free!" Tristan of all people sang and I shot up in the bed, making the pillow fall in front of me; why in the name of god his he singing at this time of the morning?

I looked over at the alarm clock; it read eight o'clock, so I suppose I should start getting ready for school...this is gonna be a nightmare if I have to throw up.

"I'll break your face if you don't shut up!" Darren shouted from the bathroom and I slumped out of bed; I sluggishly got dressed and decided to take my skate board to school today, since I left my car at school over the weekend.

I carried my board down the stairs, chugged a can of RedBull and left the house; I dropped my board on the ground and jumped on it, I picked up a steady pace as I turned corners and flipped over the kerbs when they got in my way.

I popped my iPod ear buds in my ears and put on some good old Nirvana; Come as You Are started up and I subconsciously nodded my head to the bass line.

I wasn't looking where I was going for one split second and I managed to bump into someone that was also on a skate board; I looked up and saw the light blue, aqua eyes of the girl I saved from the fire at school, she picked herself off of her ass and I followed her pursuit.

"Sorry; I wasn't looking" I apologised as I picked my board up and searched for my iPod; it was lying in the gutter with a smashed up screen and the ear buds were halfway down the drain.

"I'm so sorry Andi! I shouldn't have been going so fast; I'll pay for a new iPod" she rushed and I frowned, "you don't have to do that; I'll just get one later" I told her and something snapped in me; I don't even know this girls name!

"Hey, uh, what's your name? I didn't catch it when I helped you out of the fire" I asked her and she looked at me in awe, "you mean when you saved me from that fire; you're way too modest, I owe you everything I have. Oh, my name's Gabby; Gabby Retseck" she rushed and I smiled down at her; her white skinny jeans showed off curvy hips and a small waist, she wore a Tokio Hotel band tee and red low-top converse with her dark brown cropped, it was lightened by blue and purple streaks that brought out the colour in her eyes and it complimented her cute little face.

"I didn't figure you for the skate boarding or Tokio Hotel type" I told her, she blushed crimson and shook her head, "not many people do; they automatically stamp me as a dork because I'd rather indulge in a good romance or horror book than talk about how much my daddy paid for his latest convertible" she mimicked Bentley and I burst into a humiliating fit of laughs.

"Hey! Andi! Hunter's worried about you! Wha -" whatever Patch was about to say was cut off as he caught sight of Gabby.

"Who're you?" he asked and I looked up to see something strange in his eyes.

"I, um, I'm...I'm Gobble...I mean...Gabby...sorry" she stuttered and I smirked.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Of course I am; we live in the same head.

Smartass!

Gabby looked down at her shoes and twiddled her fingers together as Patch gazed down at her; she's pretty small at about 5' 6'.