Chapter 15: You can't do this!

Start from the beginning

He was six years old and a mind of a kid couldn't compare with a grown up. He didn't know he was having a fever. Not even a clue. He just thought that he was under a curse like his mother told him that he was a disgrace and all the pain that he had was a curse to remind him that he was worthless. He totally believed that.

That was why when he told his parents that he didn't feel well, they just locked him up inside his room so that his disease wouldn't be caught by anyone else and tossed a package of medicines a few hours later. Being six years old and never being sent to school, he never knew how to read. What was written on the package was just a mixed of shapes that he didn't recognized so he didn't know when to take the medicine or how much he medicine he supposed to take.

As he didn't know what to do, he just stayed in his bed most of the time, curled inside the thin rags he called blanket, shivering as he prayed the 'curse' would go away. Once in a while, when the nausea got worse, he would stagger his way to the toilet built inside the cage he was locked in, emptying all the contents of his stomach that mostly, consist only bile since he didn't eat for quite some time.

Every time he got out of the toilet, he felt weaker and after another couple of trip to the toilet, vomiting, his small body finally couldn't take it much longer and he passed out on the cold floor. When he woke up, he took a decision to take the medicine, a lot of it so the pain would disappear. When he ate it, all of it, his vision began to get darken again but it was good that the pain was gone. He felt like he was floating right then, almost like he was flying freely like a bird in the sky.

Bliss was what he felt when he was consumed with painless darkness and the only thing that brought him back to the painful reality he had to face was a blinding light burning in front of his closed eyes. He whimpered at the sudden pain attacking his head and slowly opened his eyes, revealing a white ceiling accompanied with two bright fluorescents above him. He looked around and found himself in a strange place where mostly everything was white saved for the blanket covering him which was brown and the curtain that hide him from the refreshing sunlight which was green.

He was alone. Only him and the IV drip that had been inserted right into his veins on the back of his left hand. Slowly, he pushed himself up, grimacing at the sudden pain slithering across his skull. He was already in the sitting position when the door suddenly opened, revealing a little girl who just looked at him confusedly. She seemed like the same age as him, maybe older as she looked taller and healthier.

"I think I'm in the wrong room." The girl said but still, she made her way towards Allison, startling him as she reached out her hand to touched Allison's pale cheeks. "Warm. Too warm." The girl said, frowning.

Allison just looked at him with his big weary eyes, trying hard not to push the girl's hands away from him.

"Where am I?" Allison asked as the girl pulled her hands off Allison.

"Hospital." The girl replied as she struggled to get onto the bed.

"Why did you touch my cheeks?" Allison asked more.