Chapter 7: The Vacation

Chapter 7:The Vacation

"What?" Ryker screamed out of sudden.

"Sit, Ryker." his mother said calmly, gesturing Ryker to take his sit beside the startled Allison on the couch.

They were in Pelliandric's family house, coming straight from their home when Ryker's mother called saying there was emergency. Without wasting any time, Ryker grabbed his keys, calling Allison to hurry up and the drove to his mother's house in a speed that could make you puke in the mean time. As soon as they arrived there, his mother was sitting leisurely on the couch with her sister at another couch and his father beside his mother, looking as healthy as they usually did. Both of Ryker and Allison were speechless as they almost got a heart attack when Ryker's mother made the emergency call. His mother gestured him to take Allison to sit and what they didn't expect his mother to say was....

"A vacation????!!!" he screamed again, couldn't grasp the reality in which his mother did as she pleased planning a vacation for the both of them. Allison, couldn't say anything, just stared at Ryker's mother silently.

"To Maldives." Ryker's mother said, smiling like she didn't understand the shock both Ryker and Allison were feeling at the time.

Allison still staring at Ryker's mother. Couldn't believe what he jut heard. A vacation? He never been let out of his house before and even living in another house was another bless to him, a vacation out of the state was like somehing really new to him. He couldn't imagine how the world outside since he always been locked up his whole life. He was so happy knowing that he could see the beauty of another place but at the same time he was afraid. Ryker looked like he really hated the facts that they were forced to go to a vacation, together. He glanced at Ryker that was currently having a mouth war with his mother, protesting as much as he could.

" I have work to do!" Ryker said.

"You have Rachel and your sister. Take a leave." his mother replied, giving him her dagger stare.

"It will be too long. A week???" Ryker said, flabbergasted.

"Shut it, boy. You didn't even take a leave after your wedding. Consider this as your honeymoon." his mother answered.

"W-what? I don't wanna go!" Ryker protested, making Allison flinched at his harsh words.

He knew it. Ryker wouldn't want to go with him. Maybe he wanted to go with his girlfriend and Allison felt like he was just a nuisance for them. It would be awkward for them to go together anyway. He lowered his head as the argument went on and on. Trying to made himself as small as possible so they wouldn't take a notice of him. But he was wrong when he heard Sara called for him. He looked up and saw everyone was looking at him. He blushed at the sudden attention. He didn't like being looked like that. It made him feel uncomfortable. He looked at Sara across his couch.

"W-what?" he asked since he didn't hear the things Sara been saying to him before.

"You never went to Maldives before?" Sara asked, her kind smiled painted on her lips.

Allison's eyes went to everyone that was looking at him in silence, making him fidgeted in shame before lowering his head once again, shaking his head slowly. He blushed, feeling embarassed for being such a country boy as he never been out to anywhere before.

"Where have you been before for vacation?" Sara asked again.

Panicking, Allison brought his head up, biting his lips slightly as he did so. "Umm...I-I never go anywhere b-before." he answered, stammering.