Chapter 15: You can't do this!

Hurt...............That was all he could feel. His head was throbbing badly making he felt like he wanted to bang his head on the wall continuously so the pain would disappear but then he couldn't move at all.

His body felt weak, hurting all over and his stomach causing a continuous course of pain jolting through his spine everytime he wanted to move. And then, there was darkness.........the blinding pitch black darkness clouding his vision. He couldn't see anything with the closed eyelids. Mustering any bit of energy left inside him, he, slowly forced his eyelids to flutter open. Only haze vision colouring his field of view.

Blinking twice, he cleared off the blurry view of white ceiling above him, taking one after another deep calming breath, aware of the place he was in. After a few good minutes staring at the plain celing, he turned his head to his right. His eyes met the thin figure of the middle-aged woman sitting beside him, reading a file that he was so sure belong to him. Her face showed a grim expression and the bag on her eyes were so obvious like she didn't sleep for two days or else, she was crying her eyes out.

He hoped it would be the first. He didn't want the person whom he already thought like his own mother crying. The woman seemed not to notice that he was already awake.

"Mikayla.." he croaked out, forcing his tired laced voice to come out.

Startled, the woman stopped reading, looking at the already awoke boy in front of her. She looked pale and tired, her eyes were staring straight at Allison, tears pooling inside them.

"Allison..." the woman finally spoke, still looking at the small boy lying weakly on the bed in front of her with an unreadable expression placed on her face. The mixed emotion she was feeling was hard to express, making her eyes turned glassy in an lame attempt to hold her tears back.

Softly, Allison lifted his fragile shivering hand, touching Mikayla's warm cheeks. And that was what it needed to broke the lake of emotion pooling inside her heart, a single drop of tears leaking the corner of her left eyes before being followed by another stray of tears continuously coming out from both her eyes.

Allison knew what it meant to see Mikayla crying. It was very hard for him to see the soft -hearted woman, the only one who ever loved him like a son that had been taking care of him for almost three years, crying in front of him, breath hitching in between every unconditional tears falling down her cheeks. She just took a hold of Allison's small hand in her slightly larger hands, holding them near her already broken heart, crying to her heart content. Allison watched her, also on the verge of crying himself. He never thought that there would be someone who would be crying for him.

It brought him back to the memories when he was just 6 years old, of the very first person who ever released tears for him.

"Ouch." He took a hold of his throbbing forehead that was quickly warming every seconds passed.

He was on the floor all night long when he passed out yesterday after puking his guts out for a few hours. He didn't know what was wrong with him. His head was throbbing and he felt nauseous all the time, whenever he tried to move, his vision blurred and he would get himself on the floor again.