Chapter 12: Another dinner at Pelliandric's

Chapter 12:Another Dinner at Pelliandric’s

           "You're late!" his mother yelled as soon as they stepped into the house. Allison who startled, still not used with all the shouting traits running through the veins of every Pelliandric's family, clutched onto Ryker's shirt, staring wearily at the outrageous lady in front of him as Ryker just looked at his mother without any emotion flashed on his face. He didn't like it when people raised their voices. It was like the time when his parents were angry with him, they would raise their voice to him and it always end up with they beating the life out of him. It was not like he didn't used to it but every time someone raised their voices, it would scare him no matter what.

          "Allison got a little sick. That's why we're late." Ryker said, pulling Allison closer to him. His mother faced turned soft as he looked at the frightened Allison who was feeling guilty for being the cause for the delay that he didn't do purposely but because his stomach chose a wrong time to turn upset again and made him threw up all day long, stopping only when Ryker gave him a ginger ale to reduce his nausea.

            "Oh, sweetheart, I'm sorry. I don't know and I'm not angry with you. Are you okay now?" Ryker's mother asked and Allison nodded slowly even though he was still a bit pale.

            "Yeah, mom. Where's father?" Ryker asked, bringing Allison with him walking towards the couch in the living room.

            "Kitchen. He said he wants to cook something for Ally." Illana, Ryker's mother said, moving towards Allison as she touched her palms on Allison's forehead.

            "Mom, he's not coming down with a fever." Ryker said, pushing his mother's hand away from Allison.

            "I just want to check his temperature." his mother said, sitting beside Allison."Do you want anything to eat, honey? Hungry?" she asked.

            "No, I'm fine, Mrs. Pelliandric." Allison said timidly, as usual, with his soft shy voice, lowering his head when he spoke.

           "Oh! Don't be so formal with me. Just call me Mom." she said, pulling Allison into a tight hug.

           "O-okay, m-mom." Allison said, blushing slightly.

            "Enough, mom. Don't force him." Ryker said, pulling Allison back, wrapping his one of his arm around Allison's small body.

           "Don't be so stingy. I want to hug my son in-law once in a while after a week both of you having a honeymoon at Maldives." Ryker's mother said, trying to pull Allison back into a hug when Ryker's hand stopped her.

           "Which is your plan?" Ryker countered.

           "Don't be so witty with me, young man." his mother said, slapping him at the back of his head which accidently earned a couple of giggles leaving Allison's lips. "I'm gonna call your sister and Rachel. Stay here." she continued, leaving the living room with only the giggling Allison and Ryker that was sulking for receiving a twat at the back of his head that he absolutely deserved, plus, be laughed at.

           "Stop laughing." Ryker whined even though he'd rather died than admitting that he was actually, absolutely whining.

           "C-can't...too-funny" Allison said in between his small laughs, face red from the laughing.

           "I said stop it or else...." Ryker warned, a malicious thought came across his head.

           "Or else?" Allison asked, wiping the tears at the corner of his eyes.