•Chapter 8•

As she walked towards the exit, she was suddenly pulled in a different direction, heading towards the rooftop. To her surprise, the person dragging me was none other than Kim Jungkook.

"Yeah, Jungkook, where are you taking me?" She shouted at him.

"Didn't I tell you to call me 'oppa'?" Jungkook glared at me. Y/n sighed and nodded, but he continued to lead her towards the rooftop.

Once we arrived on the rooftop, she was taken aback as she saw all the brothers gathered there. She nervously gulped.

"Did you talk to your mom?" Jin inquired, and she nodded in response.

"So, how did it go?" Jin asked again.

"I'm really sorry," She admitted, looking down.

"What does that mean?" Namjoon questioned with a hint of sternness in his voice.

"I can't bring myself to ruin her happiness," She explained.

As Y/n stood on the rooftop, surrounded by all the Kim members, the tension in the air was palpable. Kim Jungkook's grip on her arm tightened as he looked at her with a mixture of disappointment and concern.

"Didn't I tell you to call me oppa?" he repeated, his voice firm.

"I'm sorry, oppa," She replied, her voice trembling. She knew this wasn't going to be easy, but she had to be honest with them.

Jin, with his characteristic calm demeanor, broke the silence. "You talked to your mom, but you're not giving us a clear answer. What do you mean by 'I can't destroy her happiness'?"

Y/n took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "It's just that... she's so happy with him. She deserves to be happy, and I can't be the reason for her pain. I can't break her heart."

Namjoon's voice remained stern as he pressed further, "But what about your happiness? You matter too."

"Well, then suffer," Taehyung spoke out in aggression as he walked away, with Jimin following him from behind. Their footsteps echoed on the rooftop, leaving her with a sinking feeling of isolation.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she struggled to explain. "I do care about my own happiness, but I've seen my mom's struggles and sacrifices all my life. She's finally found someone who makes her genuinely happy, and I can't bear to take that away from her."

Hoseok, known for his empathy, stepped forward, his expression softer than the others. "We understand your dilemma, but family should come first. You shouldn't sacrifice your own happiness for hers."

She wiped away a tear and nodded. "I know, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I need more time to figure this out."

The Kim brothers seemed to exchanged glances, a mixture of concern and understanding in their eyes. It was clear that this was a complex situation, and they were torn between supporting her decision and wanting the best for her.

As the wind gently rustled the rooftop, she knew that this was just the beginning of a challenging journey, one that would test the bonds of family and love.