•Chapter 41•

Y/n was in the midst of a peaceful slumber when the tranquility of her room was shattered by a sudden, violent intrusion. The sound of her bedroom window shattering tore her from her dreams, and she jolted awake. Her head snapped towards the window, eyes wide with alarm, and she cautiously sat up on the edge of her bed.

Before she could react or call for help, the intruder, who had silently slipped into her room, sprang onto her bed. A chilling sensation engulfed her as a gun was pointed at her head, its menacing presence leaving her paralyzed with fear.

"You better keep that pretty mouth of yours shut, girl, if you don't want to meet your end," the intruder whispered menacingly, and Y/n nodded frantically, her heart pounding in her chest.

Just then, a knock sounded at her bedroom door, followed by Mr. Lee's concerned voice, "Young Miss, are you all right? We heard a loud crash, is everything okay?"

Y/n struggled to keep her composure. "No, everything is all right, Mr. Lee," she replied, her voice trembling with anxiety.

"Are you absolutely sure, young miss?" Mr. Lee pressed further, unconvinced by her response.

"Yes, Mr. Lee," Y/n forced herself to respond, suppressing the urge to cry out or call for help. The threat of the gun pressed against her head served as a chilling reminder that her life hung by a thread, and she had no choice but to comply for the sake of her own safety.

"But the sound of something brea—" Mr. Lee's sentence was abruptly cut short by Y/n's yell, her voice fraught with tension.

"Leave, Mr. Lee! I already said that everything is okay! Can't you just understand?" Y/n's tone was demanding, masking her fear as she tried to convince their loyal but concerned servant.

As Mr. Lee checked the caller identification, he quickly picked up the call without a second thought.

"Is everything alr—" His sentence hung in the air, abruptly interrupted by a piercing yell that resonated through the phone's speaker.

•••••••••

"Boss! We need you here; the headquarters is under attack! Everyone is in da—" The voice on the other end of the line abruptly fell silent, leaving Namjoon gripped by a mixture of panic and anger at the audacity of the assailants who dared to target their sanctuary.

The atmosphere in the room darkened as Namjoon rose from his bed. His veins bulged as he tightly gripped the phone, a visible manifestation of his seething anger. With swift determination, he unlocked his phone and began sending urgent messages to his brothers and cousins to apprise them of the dire situation.

Rushing to the library, Namjoon pulled a hidden book, triggering a concealed door to swing open. Inside, he entered a complex passcode, revealing a spacious chamber filled with an arsenal of weaponry guns, knives, swords, bombs, and various other instruments of defense.

Gathering the essentials, they quickly proceeded to the adjacent bathroom, swiftly changing their clothes. Emerging from the bathroom, they entered the secret room's back exit.

Outside, their cars were primed for action, surrounded by vigilant guards, all awaiting the order to strike. The tension in the air was palpable as they prepared to confront the assailants and protect their family and legacy.

•••••••••••

"I've got her," the man declared callously, throwing Y/n onto the rough, unforgiving floor.

"Leave her here, Min. Your money has been transferred," the other man ordered, his voice devoid of empathy.

"Well, hello there, Y/n," the man who had abducted her mused, his voice tinged with a disturbing amusement. With a deft movement, he removed the tape that had sealed Y/n's mouth.