Reborn's Plot

A/N Daily

Life Arc: 2nd Year Middle School, 1st Term

Tsuna - 13

Mia - 13

Keep in mind that the school year starts at April so Tsuna and Mia haven't hit their birthdays yet that are in October and July.

Thanks for reading!

🔥

"What's up with you?" Mia asked him during lunch.

"Nothing it's just... I feel like there's someone watching us," Tsuna warily announced. He then popped a squid in his mouth that turned his expression around into delight.

Mia was watching his face, amused at his reaction. "You're over reacting," she pointed out. He shook his head vigorously at her.

"No really! It's good." He said, happily digging in his bento.

Mia scoffed. "Some of the Japanese spices didn't work for me so I tried to give it an Italian flare instead. I didn't think it would work." She frowned and set her own bento – gifted to her by Nana – down on the ground to pull out her small notebook where she wrote important stuff. Tsuna just smiled, happy that he had such a unique lunch to eat and that Mia took his compliment.

Trying to make her accept a compliment was incredibly difficult, he found. It was like convincing someone that the sky was pink. He didn't understand it but his friend was being too hard on herself. He liked that part of her, he supposed. In contrast to himself that never put effort into anything much.

The summer breeze on the roof was very cool but to Tsuna, who had just finished his bento, somewhat felt very cold. Something at the back of his mind was niggling at him and he couldn't figure out what. He had been looking over his shoulder since this morning almost to the point of paranoia. God he hoped it wasn't bullies out to get him. They haven't been a problem since February after Mia went straight up to the Pompadour Disciplinary Committee to request protection. Not having it anymore with her friend being bullied.

They declined her request.

"Why not?"

Tsuna couldn't recall exactly everything that she said but he remembered fondly on how she tore into them with a long tirade, taking shots at them for letting a couple of bullies running around freely under their very own noses and how effective their discipline was. There was a pun or two in there but he didn't pay attention, too stunned at how passionate she had been. He couldn't remember the last time anyone defended him.

The members were much chastised and Kusakabe-san actually conceded her request. Bullies couldn't get close to him without a disciplinary member around the corner until one day they just stopped picking on him. Apparently this arrangement was never mentioned to Hibari and Kusakabe asked to keep this to themselves in exchange of their help. Mia and Tsuna agreed, seeing as the committee would want to keep their reputation intact and god knows what Hibari would do if they found out a thirteen-year old girl told his committee off.

Still, Mia warned him that there was more than one way to get back at other people and Tsuna was forced to agree. He edged closer to Mia until they were touching shoulders, alert for anything suspicious. Rather than pulling away, Mia leaned against him. Tsuna wondered at the ease they had with each other. As more days passed, Tsuna could sleep then on her lap or throw a casual arm over the other without thought. It was going as far as giving hugs. After Tsuna had gifted Mia a book called Wild Magic on her fourteenth birthday last July, she threw her arms around him so suddenly that he was shocked for a few seconds before relaxing and awkwardly hugging her back.