Nagi

Mia supposed that not all hope was lost.

Sure her wallet was gone, she had to sleep outdoors, lost and is now tasked with escorting a young girl back to her home but at least she wasn't dead right? With this in mind, the disguised girl tried to make up for her snappy attitude earlier by making small conversation.

"So what's your name?" she had asked.

"Nagi," the girl replied. Mia waited for a follow up but never heard a surname past her lips. Her easily sympathetically heart tugged at her consciousness. She tried not to shove her nose into somebody else's business – she had more trouble than Tsuna could have found for himself – but the girl was making it incredibly hard for her not to be kind. It wasn't hard not to. Not with what Mia witnessed that morning.

"Can you really not remember where you live?" she asked Nagi.

The girl shook her head, shame written in her eyes. "I… don't go out so much."

Mia fell quiet, feeling a bit awkward. They walked in silence until they were by the main road. Mia frowned underneath her cap. Talk about putting a dent in her plans. First the stupid cat, now an uncalled escort mission. What next? Ian coming out of nowhere with a gun in his hand and murder in his eyes? Mia felt a shiver run up her spine. Perish the thought, she scolded herself. Thinking of such things was bad luck.

"Meeeeoooooowwww…" She was suddenly pulled from her thoughts and looked up.

"A cat?" said Nagi. Mia had the strangest feeling about the girl she was with. Aside from her somewhat-anti-socialness-slash-awkwardness, there was just something – something that made her a bit uneasy. This cat was different from the annoying one. It was all grey with piercing green eyes. Green eyes that seized the air in her like an iron fist. It looked down on them and began to mewl. It grew in volume and harshness in each and every second. Mia visibly recoiled from the sound, its eerie tone completely dropping down in her stomach like a heavy stone. The sight of it began to blur and her ears was starting to hurt. Its throaty wailing began to attract other cats which joined in the grisly musical. Mia couldn't take it anymore, grabbed Nagi's hand and ran. The sound continued to haunt them.

It probably had been three or four blocks when Nagi had pulled on her hand free to gasp for air. Mia hadn't realized that she too was breathing hard - all she could think about was to get away.

"I'm… sorry," Mia said in between breaths. "I just… I didn't mean to…"

"Are you scared?" Nagi asked him quietly.

"Scared?" Mia turned around, scowling at her. "I am not scared!" she said loudly.

Nagi shrank back from her reaction and Mia immediately felt bad. She reached out but hesitated. She pulled her hand back and tugged her cap to hide her expression. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry…" What was wrong with her? It was just a cat. "But the sound was getting to me." She felt a light touch on her shoulder and looked up. Nagi was looking at her in concern.

"Hinata-san… what did you hear?" she asked.

"Eh?" Mia gaped at her. "What did I hear? A hundred cats were having a symphony of bad news that's what!"

"It… I mean it was scary but… didn't you think it was odd?"

"What do you mean odd?" Okay, maybe she freaking out just a little bit.