Introducing the New Kid

A/N

Introduction: 1st Year of Middle School

Age:

Tsuna - 12

Mia - 12

🔥

He was smiling when he went into class that day and for once, he wasn't late. People seemed to double-take at the sight of him but he didn't notice as he sat down on his desk, grinning from ear to ear. Now that he had a good night's rest, Tsuna fully appreciated the joke that his new friend said when they met. A warm feeling spread across his body at the thought of having to call someone a friend.

"What are you smiling about Dame-Tsuna?" Tsuna blinked as he was pulled away from his thoughts to look at the speaker. Takeda Sosa was one of his classmates that just jumped into terrorizing-Tsuna-bandwagon for no damn reason. He was a jerk that loved to make jokes on his expense. His smile turned down as he shrunk away from Takeda. His day was going so well too.

"Answer me Dame-Tsuna!" Behind him, Takeda's friends snickered.

He chose to remain silent. He might be a coward and weak but he always had enough dignity to have a little pride. Besides, it was a small comfort to defy his bullies even at the smallest of things. If he ever revealed that he had a friend, they would make fun of her too for hanging out with him. He didn't want Mia to see that he was the lowest of the low – lower than the geeks at the occult club even. He didn't think he could stand the shame once she realizes that he was a loser. He was thankful that she didn't go to Namimori Middle. But then again, was she in Japan for a vacation or something? What in the hell was she doing out so late at night anyway? Was she even real? He started panicking. She seemed real. He wasn't even that far into hormones to come up with a girl in his dreams, he was sure of that. Hell, Japanese girls don't joke with strangers they've just met either.

"Sawada!" Tsuna was jerked out of his thoughts.

Takeda and his friends were staring at him oddly. Tsuna realized he had been thinking a bit too intensely and that his panicked expression freaked them out. Wow, he usually wasn't that deep into his thoughts. Sure there was the occasional daydream of getting married to Kyoko but he always managed to slip back before anyone noticed him drooling.

"Er... yeah?" he said.

"What a weirdo," one of Takeda's friends commented. Tsuna blushed and turned to fiddling his thumbs nervously.

Seeing that Sawada Tsunayoshi was acting weirder than his timid, dame self, Takeda turned away to talk about something more interesting, like Kyoko Sasagawa who just so happened to walk in on that moment looking like an angel. Tsuna stopped fiddling and was staring now. Kyoko looked very cute today – she had sakura hair clips on. He smiled silly at the sight of her. Kurokawa Hana stepped in after Kyoko and saw him. She said something – probably something insulting his intelligence or calling him a primate – and Kyoko gave her friend an admonishing look before smiling and waving her hand in Tsuna's direction.

Oh Kami he was in heaven right now. He took an arrow to the head at that. Wave back – his brain told him once it could function. Move your arm dumbass! A little bit enthusiastic, he waved back at her. She gave him a smile and turned to talk to the girls in class. There was a collection of sighs from all the boys around him. He silently huffed to himself – the other guys must have thought she was waving to them. Whatever, he knew it was meant for him and that made it so much sweeter. He was daydreaming about a future with Kyoko when the teacher came in to start homeroom.