The Vongola Rings

That morning, Mia woke him up by body slamming into him. It was an interesting morning to say the least. He had almost locked her in a chokehold in retaliation but she slipped from his grasp and yanked him down the floor. She laughed at him.

"Morning," she said brightly.

He couldn't bring himself to be annoyed with her. Her laugh was a good wake up call. "Good morning," he replied and sat up. She watched him get up and turned around to let him change into his uniform.

"Hey Tsuna?"

"Hmn?"

"What's up with your mom?"

He fixed his vest. "Why?"

"You should see for yourself when you go down."

As soon as he was decent, they went down and were greeted by a feast fit for a king on their dining table. He looked towards his mother who was still cooking and was more cheery than usual. "M-Mom? What's going on?" He couldn't keep his face from freezing into a state of disbelief.

"I've never seen Aunty like this before," Mia murmured beside him.

"Tsuna, what's the meaning of this?" Bianchi asked him.

"Did Tsuna-nii do something worth celebrating?" Fuuta asked. Both child and hitwoman looked towards Mia. She stared blankly back at them.

His cheeks went warm. "T-That's not it!" he exclaimed. Fuuta and Bianchi went back to eating their tempura, disappointed. He sighed then rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "But I don't think I did anything to deserve this." He thought back to yesterday. Yesterday was pretty normal, as normal as his life could get. Nothing in particularly interesting happened.

"Then what happened?" Bianchi wondered.

His mother continued to cook, oblivious to their conversation and was humming cheerfully under her breath. "Mom," Tsuna called. She didn't appear to have heard him, lost in her own world. "Mom!" Tsuna yelled. His mother finally looked at him but dangerously waved the knife in her hand around.

"Tsu-kun!" his mother called out to him.

"Mom the knife! That's dangerous!" Tsuna scolded her but she only made a terrible pun of his words. "What's going on? What's with all this food?" he asked her as she turned back to her cooking. "You're acting really weird."

"Really?"

"Definitely weird!"

"I suppose Tsuna has yet to understand an adult woman's emotions," Reborn commented as he suddenly appeared.

"And you do?" Tsuna shot back.

His mom gave a delighted gasp and faced him. "Oh! I haven't told you yet."

"About what?"

"Dad's coming home!" Tsuna started at that. "For the first time in four years!"

He didn't know how to feel about that. He settled for worry. He looked towards Mia, a similar expression of alarm was mirrored on her face. "Tsuna..." she started. "Your dad's been found?"