Hibari

Hands that she didn't know who belonged to took her outside of the ruins. They made her sit outside where a crowd of locals began to grow. They murmured to each other fearfully. Mia could hear them. They said that her parents had awakened a curse inside the monastery, that the earthquake was the doing of the curse. Mia pressed her small hands against her ears to block them out.

That was a lie. There was no curse in those ruins. She thought, still rather much in shock.

But her mama was gone. She was never coming back and it was her fault. The words repeated themselves in her head, taunting her to no end. Her fault. Disappear. She wanted to fade into the dark. Her fault. The sound of the ground groaning terrifyingly around her, the look on her mama's face when she realized that Mia couldn't save her and the hand that still reached out. Her fault. Her papa's voice was loud and it completely silenced the crowd.

"Where's my wife?!"

"Papa?" He rushed towards her. He checked her for injuries but Mia wasn't hurt.

"Mia? Oh thank god - where's your mother? Is she here?" His glasses were broken and there were numerous cuts on her papa's face. Mia couldn't answer. Her papa shook her slightly. "Mia?" Reflected by those lenses she saw her own face. She was scared. But for who? Herself?

Her fault.

She should have stayed where she was. If she hadn't gone into those ruins and found that door...

Her fault.

Her eyes snapped open. Placing a hand against her cold cheek she winced as she moved her stiff neck. Sleeping while sitting was never a good idea. She sighed and leaned back on the train seat. It was still dark out but she was lucky that there was still some form of transportation accessible to Tokyo. For now, she was the only one in the train compartment.

Her fault...

She shut her eyes tightly and shook her head. No, this isn't the time for her to be wallowing in lost memories. She needed to check on her Papa and trick Ian into telling her what she needed to know. If he really believed that it was her who led whoever 'they' were, she wanted to know who 'they' are. The door from the other cart opened and Mia nervously tugged down her hat. An old woman came inside to sit on the opposite seat in front of her. She studied the other suspiciously. The old lady gave her a wrinkled smile which she politely returned.

Mia Matteis was paranoid. There, hoped that help. She had dressed herself as a boy. Of course, what with the way her body was her clothes weren't appropriate so she had to um... procure clothing elsewhere. Luckily for her, Tsuna had forgotten two or three shirts at her home. She used that, threw on a pretty sweet high collared jacket that was hanging outside of Hayato's balcony, stuffed her hair into Papa's lame cap and voila! Hopefully she looked like a guy. She even went through the trouble of flattening her breasts.

As much as she wanted to meet Ian, she had to know if her Pa was alright first. Rolling her head so that she could look outside, she wondered if Tsuna would high mighty be pissed off.

What was she thinking? Of course he would be pissed! Once he realizes that she left what would stop him from coming after her - or worse - fly after her? A small green chameleon crawled from out of her shirt. She looked down.

"Hey Leon," she greeted it. Leon licked her jaw then crawled back inside her shirt. She had to hold in her laughter as she felt him crawl over her skin.