Foreboding Sky

Tsuna didn't know how to help because what did he know? Mia was the smart one, not him. He mostly rolled with whatever seems better. He never thought things through like she did. That was the problem now. Mia wasn't here and he was back to being useless. That wasn't right. He had forgotten how useless he really was. He didn't know what to do or how to do it. He went up to his room when he realized that he couldn't help the others downstairs. He sat heavily down on his bed and rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands.

He was so uncool. Like really lame. Mia would laugh at him if she saw him now.

He glanced outside his window, where the moon shone dimly through the clouds. He recalled a conversation he had once with Mia when they were early in their friendship. He had asked what she was doing at that time when they met. She replied that she often took nightly strolls when she couldn't sleep. It helps, she confessed and that fresh air does wonders. What would he give to be joking with her like before… He stood up, rigid. He suddenly found it hard to breathe. That was not a path he wanted to go down on right now. He wanted to do something. Restless and agitated he left his room. If he stayed in his room he would probably lose his mind. He was passing through the hall when a conversation stopped him dead on his tracks.

" – anything on Mia?" he heard Reborn say.

"You're snooping on the girl?" He heard his father scoff. "That's low Reborn."

"I'm doing my job unlike someone," Reborn bit back snidely. Tsuna moved closer to the door to the living room.

"She's a civilian. Not really a person to be concerned about." There was a pause. Tsuna felt anger flare up inside him. Not a person to be concerned about? He thought in outrage.

"If Tsuna heard you…" Reborn said warningly.

"I-I didn't mean it that way!" Iemitsu quickly said. "Don't look at me that way, Reborn! Colonello!"

"Just shut up. You're loud kora."

"One more intelligent-lowering comment Iemitsu and I'll shoot you myself." It wasn't often that Tsuna thought of his tutor as awesome but when he did, he felt a swell of fondness for the hitman.

"She's not just a civilian. Your hunch was right Reborn, I managed to find something through old connections." Colonello sounded troubled.

"But you said Reborn that you already did a background check on her?" Iemitsu asked.

"I did," Reborn's reply was short. "Are you going to tell me now or what Colonello?"

"Her grandfather. His name is Nero Matteis."

"And?" Reborn pressed.

"But when he served in the army, he was known as General Nero Matteolli. General "Terror Gold"." Tsuna heard his father spit his drink out and wondered how shocking it must be. Well, it was a little shocking if truth be told. Mia's grandfather was a former general and he had a pretty impressive title… said man was also coming for a visit this week he remembered with a jolt.

"The man who was once very infamous for selling his country out to the Allies – he was the reason they managed to take back Sicily during the war. After it he was declared a war hero but completely disappeared without a trace…" Iemitsu said, sounding like he couldn't believe a single word of it.