Vongola-Styled Date

Daily Life Arc: Third and Last Year of Middle School

🔥

What If

Because Mia had handled everything before them, their return to school life had been pretty smooth. They were given a fake trophy by some random guy Reborn managed to snag from the streets and they were back with school work, which for the most part, had been almost ignored for an entire week. Tsuna had wanted to talk with Mia about their first date - the mere idea made him super giddy - but she told him, that under no circumstances would she even consider it until exams were done. Their education mattered, she said. No, I won't kiss you until you pass your Algebra with flying colors, she said.

Only Mia would prioritize education.

The only reason he didn't argue was because she looked so stressed with the overload of work Hibari and Reborn were putting her under. For Reborn, it had something to do with the Kokuyo gang and for Hibari, apparently in exchange for his participation in the Ring Conflict, he demanded she be his formal secretary again and now she was dealing with the damage done to the school like replacing lost things that the students unknowingly lost and precious school records.

It was the first time he had seen her so frazzled and wisely stayed out of her way. The others wanted to help but Tsuna knew she didn't need it (he also thought that they would cause more harm than good). Mia was good with her job - even if he was annoyed at Hibari for overworking his girlfriend.

Girlfriend.

A silly grin worked its way to his face. It was still a little unbelievable that they're a couple now. It made him annoyingly cheery - as Reborn often tells him - but he didn't care.

The only real thing that brought his mood down was Kyoko's avoidance of him. Kyoko hadn't looked him in the eyes since the Conflict ended and she seemed to avoid him at every chance she had. Kurokawa was also a pain in the ass. She treated him like the dirt beneath her shoes which angered Hayato on several occasions. Mia would have been too if she wasn't too busy but Tsuna didn't have to think much - he could take a hint. It probably was his fault.

But what with the exams and everything he couldn't find the time to approach the girl. He decided to bring it up with Mia while they were studying.

"Kyoko?" Mia didn't look up from her notebook. "Might be a family problem."

"I already asked Onii-san but he doesn't know." He stared at his notes. He couldn't focus on studying.

"Maybe she's on her period," Mia suggested. Tsuna made a face. Mia sighed and finally looked up. "If it's bothering you so much why don't you just go to her?" she snapped.

"Are you sure you're not on your period?" he countered. Mia went red and for one moment he was horribly reminded when she stormed away from him last time. Instead, she let out a long sigh that her anger mostly went with.

"Just do what you think is right," she said shortly and began packing her things.

He felt bad. He hadn't meant to snap at her like that. "Mia, I didn't mean to - " She cut him off.

"I'm tired," she muttered. "This was a bad time for me. Sorry Tsuna, but I'll go home first."

"Wait, it's late. I should walk you back." He started getting up but she glared at him.