Epilogue

20 years later

The sun was still rising when I felt the scent of fresh bread coming from downstairs. Zack wasn't laying beside me when I woke up.I got downstairs, and there he was, baking: one of his favourite things to do in the morning. And just like he did every day, when he saw me for the first time, he went up to me and kissed my forehead."Good morning, beautiful."No matter how many years had gone by, every time he'd do this to me, I'd get butterflies. He served me some coffee and sat outside, at our swing, watching the sunrise behind the meadows. I rested my head on his shoulder and appreciated the moments of silence before the kids woke up.We had three of them; Three precious children who were the light of our eyes. Every once in a while we'd recall all our crazy adventures as teenagers. Running wildly through the Oceanary late at night, lying to the cops so we could do our very own firework show, sneaking him into my house through my bedroom's window or even the crazy pranks he'd pull at school. And now, there we were, settled down, with our very own coffee shop, living in a rural Italian village, growing most of our food.Anyone who looked at us would never guess everything we had gone through. And to be honest, we liked to keep it that way.We lead a simple but satisfying life, and that was more than enough for both of us.

AN: I think that's pretty much it. Thank you so much for sticking around all these years that took me to actually finish this, and for supporting me every step of the way. It means the world to me! I may write some more stories in the future, so if you'd like to see those, give me a follow :)  

I hope you enjoyed, and once again, I appreciate you all for supporting me <3