Chapter XIV

I'm sorry I don't update often, I'm a terrible, terrible, terrible person, but hey, at least I try! This chapter will be really short, so, I apologize in advance and, I swear that as soon as school ends (June 14th) I'll make longer chapters frequently! Until then, I'll be drowing in tests and pop-quizzes, so just be patient, aight? Alright! I love you a lot, now, let's get started!

His electric blue eyes did not disappoint in sending every shiver down my spine. Suddenly my legs were weak and my heart was racing. I looked back at the school. I looked at his eyes again.

"Zack... I..." I thought about my mother and father. I thought about my brother Colin. He was a douchebag, but I loved him nonetheless. They were my family after all. I pictured Tyler in my mind. His disappointed face if he found out I had run away. And Dan! What would she think if I had left her behind like that?

My heart was begging me not to say it. 

"I can't. I have a life here... I still have two years of high school left... And... My... My family, I can't just leave them!"

"I can't just leave you," his eyes met mine before he gazed at my lips and kissed me, "I beg you, Ali, come with me. We'll be happy together!"

I held my hand and I couldn't help but sigh.

"I'm starting to think that that will be impossible..."

"Then, just be careful, Ali, Diaz is dangerous. Stay under the radars, do not call any attention to yourself... Diaz will think you know where I am..."

"I'm in danger?"

He swallowed dry.

"I have to go, stay safe..."

And just like that, he vanished in the darkness, leaving me in tears and with an unconscious Aaron Diaz laying on the floor beside me. 

Fuck you, Zack Reed. Fuck you and everything that came with you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't sleep that night and my under eyes did not go unnoticed at the breakfast table.

"You alright, sweetheart?" my mother seemed genuinely concerned for my well-being.

I mean, I did look pretty terrible. I had barely looked at myself in the mirror this morning, but, for what I could tell, I had bloodshot eyes from crying all-night-long.

"I'm just tired... I stayed up late, studying..."

My brother didn't really believe me. I could see the disbelief in his face. However, I wasn't going to provide him with any further information.

I was very hungry, as I always was when the slightest inconvenience hit me. I ended up eating a whole loaf of bread and chugging two orange juices like it was only god knew what.

I head to school and couldn't stop but to think about him. Where would he be? Was he safe? Then, my stomach took a turn. Would he be with other girls? My heart ached just thinking about it.

And I felt awful about it. Why did I care so much about someone that had left me? He was a literal assassin. 

He was bad.

And I was glad he was gone. 

Besides, I had a life before him, I could have another after him. He wouldn't in my thoughts forever...

I hoped.

School felt empty without him. He wasn't in his normal corridor, hanging out with his friends like he'd normally be. I knew I wouldn't be seeing him there. Ever again.

I said hi to my friends, but they knew it was empty and that something was seriously wrong with me because I hadn't even smiled at them.

Tyler was not high which was really extraordinary. Instead, he was the first to realise there was something wrong with me. 

Or so I thought.

"You've been smoking weed? Who got it for you? My dealer went to jail..."
"I didn't smoke weed, Ty..."

"Shit... Are you alright? I'm sorry," he hugged me tightly "Is it about Zack?"

I nodded my head.

"He ran away..."

"He dropped out?" Dan opened her eyes wide, "Jesus, I which I had the guts to do the same. What is going to do now? Work?"

"He ran away, I don't know," my shoulders were shaking so much that not even Tyler's hug could stop them, "I'll never see him again. He left me..."

"Well, you look like you need to get the fuck out of this school right now. Come on. Let's get to the skatepark, my friends are probably there. We'll get some weed, skate a bit, and forget about this shit! It'll be fun!"

If only I knew that accepting that offer would do everything except solving any of my problems.