Chapter IX

I was the first to get out of the test that morning. And, right out of the door, Zack waited for me. 

"How did the test go?"

I wasn't expecting to see him right there and almost jumped in shock.

"Oh... It was... Was... Okay..."

He smiled.

"How did you know in which classroom I was?"

"I asked Gary,"

"You're such a stalker..."

"Well, yeah, are you still surprised?"

"Can't say I am. Aren't you supposed to be in class right now?"

"I skipped."

"Why?"

"Because I can."

"You shouldn't..."

"Are you worried about my grades?"

"No, I already know that those are flunking like the Titanic..."

"Well, you have a lot of faith in me. Just so you know I have a 3.5 GPA..."

"What are you? Sleeping with the teachers or something?"

He laughed out loud and I couldn't help but smile as well.

"I'm not that desperate to get into university..."

"How can you keep a 3.5 GPA if you don't go to classes?"

"Just leave that to me, Princess..."

His arm wrapped around my shoulders. I loved it when he did that to me. He always smelled really nice. Sometimes he wasn't even wearing perfume, but, somehow, he always smelled good.

On that day, he looked extremely hot. More than usually. Black jeans, and white basic Tommy tee and a denim jacket. I don't know why, but a guy in a denim jacket just looked ten thousand times hotter. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. Denim or Leather on a dude is enough to make me go Open Sesame...

His hair was really good and it made his eyes pop out.

"I'm really hungry, do you wanna go to a café or something?"

We went to a nice quiet coffee place close to our school. They had really great croissants with egg jam, and their coffees were the shit.

I had a Mocha Latte and my croissant, and Zack asked for an expresso and a chorizo bread.

We talked for peace for a while. I laughed a lot with him. It was impossible not to. And his smile was contagious. It was weird hanging out with him. I felt so much more confident in myself and so much happier. He made me feel really comfortable and almost special. He complimented my smile a lot. Which made me smile. Again, a lot.

But, of course, we couldn't be alone for too long. Out of fucking nowhere, that strange girl, Erica Adams sat in our table. She was smoking, even though it wasn't allowed inside.

She blew the smoke right to my face and smiled in a way that made me want to punch her in the face. She then put out the cigarette on my jacket and fixed her hair, even though it was already perfect.

"Well, hello, Zack, dear, how are you doing?"

He looked at me as if asking if I knew that lunatic. I wanted to say no. And that was kind of the right answer. I didn't know her, but she did seem to know a lot about me.

"You ruined my jacket!" I growled.

"Oh, did I? I'm sorry."

I gritted my teeth and tried not punching her the way my brother taught me a few years ago when he was taking boxing.

"Who are you?" Zack asked.

"I'm Erica Adams," she made sure her cleavage was showing and leaned forward, towards Zack. He looked at his boobs for a fraction of a second, which made me want to tear his head off as well, "I'm glad to meet you..."

"How do you know my name..."

"People talk about you a lot, you know?"

His expression turned cold really quickly.

"What people?"

She took a sip out of his expresso and smiled widely.

"I hope Colin doesn't find out about these secret dates..."

I grabbed her by her collar and brought her closer to my face.

"Bitch, what did you say?"

"Princess, let's take it easy, alright?" Zack's voice was shaking as if he were afraid of what me.

"I'll fuck you up, I swear to god," I looked her into her dark eyes.

Erica looked at Zack.

"I wouldn't do that for his sake..." She looked me in the eyes again, "Besides, I'm only doing a favour. You don't know the truth, Princess..."

Zack calling me Princess had stopped bothering me, and I would only call him out on it because it was almost a routine, by now, our inside joke. But when that bitch called me Princess, I felt like breaking every bone in her body.

"What truth?"

"About your boy, Zack. And, if I were you, I'd let me go!"

"OR WHAT?!" I yelled.

And, before I could defend myself, she punched me right in the face.

"Fucking BITCH!" I screamed as we were forced out of the coffee place.