Chapter XVI

Hi, remember when I said I'd have more time to update this?

Well, guess what, I don't! I'm trying to be as regular as I can, but, it's summer and I really want to enjoy it while it lasts, so, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting!

Ever since Zack left, I was in a state where I could no longer function normally. For some odd reason, everything that happened would link to him. I know I've said that I would fuck a lot of guys and be a real hoe. But, to be honest, the only reason that that would happen was that I didn't really want to be attached to anyone. I had suffered from this before. Heartbreak. That's all love is for.

So I tried to fill the blank he had left with stuff that wasn't quite as healthy as you may think. And, by that, I mean going to way too many bars and discos. Drinking and smoking until my body gave out, and, of course, getting someone to fuck me. 

I thought that that would make me forget him. And it did. During those hours where I'd be almost passed out on the dance floor, or when I'd be in a strangers room in the middle of the night, I couldn't think about him. I couldn't think about anything really. I'd wake up the next day with no records of what had happened previously. The dark haze in my mind was kind of scary.

But I'd rather remember nothing at all than remember an all-nighter where I'd be crying my eyes out. 

Ethan had been trying to replace Zack for me. However, no matter how good-looking he was, nothing would ever come close to Zack's stupid grin... Or his toned back... How about those eyes of him? Or his laugh... The way he'd pull his hair back and call me a Princess, or how he'd ask me as if I hadn't already told him, why I disliked being called a "Princess".

It was Saturday Night, (No, not the Panic! At the Disco Song) and I was getting ready. Like I've told before, make-up isn't really my strongest skill, so I decide that it's never really worth it. Besides, the pain of taking it off before going to sleep, or the way it gets all over the place as the night goes on is not exactly glamorous.

I have my bandeau top on along with my tight skirt that can, somehow, create an illusion of an ass somewhere.

While you may think that I am a cliché bitch that "Sneaks out" the window and walks slowly over the roof, I just tell my mom that I'm going out,  she doesn't really question it that much anymore. She knows I've been depressed, she doesn't suspect it's because of Zack. Just I do have a history of getting strangely pessimistic and hopeless at times. She knows that going out is a way for me to escape. And, for all she knows, I'm perfectly safe, right? I'll just crash at Dan's house tonight, not some random stranger's who can possibly drug me and send me to somewhere far away as a sex-slave 

I walk out the door and glance at Colin, who is making some tea.

"Going out, heh?"

"It's none of your business really."

He smiled sideways.

"Have you thought about... I don't know... Finishing your homework?" he sipped his tea and furrowed his eyebrows, "Or... Maybe studying for your Chem test on Monday?"

"Again, how is it any of your business?"

"Ever since Zack disappeared, you've been acting weird. I know you failed your last Maths test."

"So...? Shouldn't you be sad too? He's your friend. I just worry that he was killed or something."

"It's Zack Reed," my brother rolled his eyes, "He's probably fucking a model on a desert island by now. He'll be back in a week or two."