Chapter XII

I never hated anyone in my entire life. It wasn't in my nature to hate. It was a strong word and I found it rather difficult to even speak it out loud.

However, I must say, even if it goes against my morals and everything I was taught as a child that I hate Erica Adams. When I first laid my eyes on her I didn't really think much of her. She looked pretty and had a nice body. Those were the only things that had come to mind at the time.

But now, I couldn't see her as beautiful anymore. That bitch... I... I... I hate her so damn much.

First of all, she hit me, like, bitch, what the fuck is wrong with you? Then, she was all mysterious about Zack, like she knew something about him that I didn't. Then, she had the nerve to hit on him... Then that shit of accusing him of working for Aaron Diaz...

And now?

Well, the week couldn't have started off worse when I saw him and Erica chatting in a dark corner.

I glanced at them and kept on walking. Zack hadn't messaged me ever since that bloody afternoon with bitchy Erica.

Maybe he was too much of a pussy to talk to me. Anyway, it wasn't like I cared. He could go around doing whatever he pleased. I didn't care. I really didn't. Honestly, couldn't care less...

Only that wasn't true and no matter what I did, I couldn't get him out of my head. Every time he passed by me, I turned my back to him, my heart skipped a beat. Every time Colin mentioned his name at the dinner table, I'd choke. Whenever I heard someone talking about him, all I could remember were the crazy dates and everything we had done together.

And now, Erica was hitting on him. Harder than ever. And it shouldn't piss me off. I know it shouldn't. But it did. 

Maths class rolled by and Tyler sat next to me.

"Hey, girl, what's up?"

"Shit... Everything has gone to shit..."

"Zack hasn't talked to you yet, huh?"

"Not only that, but he's been hanging around with that bitch, Erica... Fucking bitch..."

"Yeah, that's shit..."

"You don't say," I sighed.

"Well, just forget about him... You know he's a fuckboy, he's probably sticking his dick somewhere else..."

"Thanks, Tyler, that sure made me feel better..." I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

"I mean, you are fucking around as well... Right?"

I lowered my head and took a deep breath.

"No... I don't want anyone else..." my voice got stuck in my throat "I want him..."

Tyler gasped and almost fell out of his chair.

"Excuse me? You-"

"Yeah... Ever since I've started hanging out with him, I haven't fucked with anyone else!"

"Oh honey, what is you doing? We need to get some dick in you ASAP before you..."

"Fall in love with him?" I sighed, biting my lip. I hadn't admitted it out loud yet. However, the way my heart skipped a bit every time I saw a glimpse of his blond messy hair left me with no doubts, "I'm afraid it's too late..."

"You... Like him? Like, for real?"

I nodded my head, feeling almost embarrassed. I knew this would happen. But somehow, I thought it'd be different with Zack. I was so happy with him. Maybe things would turn out alright.

I don't know why I kept up with these illusions. No one would ever fall in love with me. I was shit.

"Oh, no..." Tyler said.

On that moment, Danielle turned around and raised an eyebrow at me.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help but listen to the conversation. Bitch, did you just say you're in love with Zack?"

"Yes..."

"Oh wow... You?"

"Yes..."

"You're actually in love?"

"With a fuckboy who's probably a killer, yes..."

The fucking teacher must've been on her period or some shit because she decided that me speaking to Dan was worth detention.

So yeah. I got detention. For literally talking.

I truly hated my life.

Detention was filled with the school's bad boys. Needless to say that they weren't the hot bad boys from those other stories you read on Wattpad. These were rich little boys whose parents would do anything to protect them and spoil them. They wore branded-only clothing, thought they were cool because they were popular and smoked and kissed some girls. All they did was brag about being fuckboys when they truly weren't...

Those guys made my blood boil since they thought they were better than everyone but really weren't. I swear that if one of them tried talking to me, I'd punch them square in the face.

The depressed middle-aged teacher stared at us blankly as he spoke out our names to make sure we were serving our time. Then, he handed us the punishment.

The school was so original with their punishments that they were always the same. Writing down on a piece of paper a stipulated amount of times "I must not..." then proceed to write whatever had granted you an extra hour in that shithole.

I started writing as fast as I could. I just wanted to get home and forget that this day had happened.

But, when I thought things couldn't get much worse, I heard voices outside of the classroom.

"You little inconvenience!" Gary, one of the school's workers, yelled.

"Can you not grab me by my hears? I need them, thanks!" that second voice made my heart skip a beat. Oh no...

"Mister Julians!" Gary growled, "I found this idiot trying to break in the Chemistry lab..."

"Let me go, or I swear to god..." Zack was pissed, to say the least.

"What were you doing, messing around the Chemistry Lab?" the teacher asked.

"I wanted to make meth," his voice filled with irony made every single one of those try-hards raise their heads and look at him. I was kind of proud of him, for showing those dipshits who ran that motherfucking school "I just wanted to get my bag, I forgot it!"

"Why didn't you ask anyone to open the door for you?"

"Well, do you think that if I asked this old twat he'd open it for me?"

"LANGUAGE, BOY!" Garry yelled, slapping the back of his head.

He rolled his eyes.

"Sit down, Reed. And write..."

"Two hundred times, "I must not lockpick", "he completed with a sigh, "I've been here before, I know how it works."

He then noticed me and we exchanged looks. I noticed a smile forming in his lips. I started looking around, and, for my horror, the only spare seat was right beside me.

He walked towards my table.

"In detention, princess?"

I didn't answer and continued to write my sentences.

"Come on, I've been wanting to talk to you for a while, can you at least look at me?"

"Oh really? Why don't you go talk to Erica, then? About how you've been working for Diaz?"