Chapter XIX

Biology class was one of the most boring classes I had ever taken. Not even Tyler was enough to cheer me up during those.I felt the table we shared vibrating as he snored, and tried to ignore the annoying popular guys talking loudly at the back of the class.The blinds were closed, and the teacher's monotonous voice was a better lullaby than so many nursery songs. Then, there was a knock at the door. It's how every teen drama begins: A knock at the door and a crazily hot guy who just transferred walks into the classroom to tell us that he's new in town.And I'd be lying if I said that this didn't look straight out of a movie.A tall, broad-shouldered man walked into the classroom. Dressed in an all-black suit and tie, this man radiated power. He was the typical blue-eyed blond Australian surfer, except he was also a businessman. "Allison Hunter," he called.That was when I freaked out."Please come with me."Tyler suddenly woke up, still baked."Who's the daddy?""I'm about to find out...""Damn, girl, you dirty slut, weren't you just crying about Zack yesterday?"I got up, never actually giving Tyler his answer and walking towards the man who had just called out my name."Who are you?" I asked as we got out of the classroom."My name is Nathaniel Lafayette. I'm with the FBI.""Oh, shit... Did I do something?""I don't know, did you?""Sir, you better not be playing these games with me. I want my lawyer.""If you didn't do anything; why do you want a lawyer?""Because you people are manipulative and I may end up confessing to something that I didn't even do."(AlWaYs AsK FoR a LaWyEr WhEn yOu'Re ArResTed, KiDs)"You're not in trouble. I want to ask you a couple of questions regarding Zack Reed.""Okay...? I haven't seen him in weeks, ever since he disappeared," however, my voice was shaking in such a way that it didn't take an FBI agent to figure out I was lying."That's interesting, given the fact that Zack admitted to being with you, and I have footage of you coming in and out of his safehouse.""He's in a safe house? What are you talking about?" I wasn't going to let this manipulative bastard bluff me.He gave me a half-smile; this would've been way easier if this man wasn't so damn hot."No, I do have footage," and he proceeded to show me some videos on his phone."Well, then, Zack is a bit of a dumbass for taking me there when there are cameras...""Exactly what I told him as well. Where were you the night Zack took you home?"I swallowed dry.I had forced myself to forget about that night. Not that I had to try that hard. I had never gotten so wasted in my life. And still, the flashes I did remember were so horrific that I'd rather them forget them as well."Am I going to get in trouble for telling you the truth? I wasn't supposed to be there..." "I don't care if you did any drugs or alcohol, which I know you did because from the recording you seem intoxicated. I'm asking because I care about Zack's safety.""You don't care about his safety. You care about catching your damn perp...""I do care about Zack's safety. Believe it or not, the kid started to grow on me. So where were you? He wasn't supposed to go out, and I'm scared people might've seen him."And that was when I started bawling my eyes out."I don't remember. I don't remember anything! The only thing I remember is...""Yeah? You can talk, it's okay," he took me into an empty classroom and sat on one of the tables.I shook my head."I don't recall anything that may help you, sir..."He opened his eyes wide. He must've regretted coming here in the first place to watch me cry like a baby."Did anything happen that night?" he asked, actually concerned.Why did I feel like this man whom I just met cared more about me than my father?"Did Zack hurt you?"I shook my head again."No, he would never hurt me..."He put his hand on mine."It's alright. If you don't feel ready to talk, we don't have to...""I don't feel ready..."He handed me a tissue."Take your time...""Just ask me whatever you need to ask me...""Are you sure?""I'm fine," I wiped my tears away, "What did you want to ask me?""Did you tell anyone about Zack and your little visits to him?""No. I would never do anything to compromise Zack's safety."He took out a folded piece of paper from his pocket."You'll have to sign this.""What is it?""A confidentiality contract. I'm afraid we'll need your help, Allison. If you're down for it, of course.""I'm not signing anything until you tell me details...""We need you to go undercover to Aaron Diaz's little cult.""You're joking," I started laughing, "Please tell me you're joking. I don't like where this is going at all.""They'll never suspect you being an undercover since you were Zack's girlfriend..."I smiled."He told you I was his girlfriend?""That's what you're worried about?!""Don't my parents have to consent to this as well? I mean, I AM a minor...""That's a good point. We've already talked to your parents. They consented...""Are you sure you talked to the right parents? I don't think they'd ever consent to..."He showed me their signatures."What happens when this operation is over? And Diaz is arrested?""You and Zack will be given new identities and will be financially taken care for life.""And all I have to do is try not to die while getting involved with one of the most dangerous murderers of all time?""Pretty much."I sighed."I must be out of my mind," I mumbled, as I signed the papers.

AN: I'm back bitches, and I may even update regularly (I know I say this everytime), but I finally have some fresh ideas, so yeah! Thank you all for commenting and supporting me even though I'm a terrible author and never update :,) love you all