Chapter VI

Allison POV

Little did I know that I'd be coming back home to my angry brother inside of my room. There he was. Back on the white wall, arms crossed. He raised one eyebrow and as soon as his eyes met mine, he looked at his watch.

"It's half past eight." he simply said.

I shrugged. "So what?".

"Where were you?"

"None."

"What?!

"None of your business. Get out of my room."

"But it is of my business."

"No, it isn't. I don't ask you where you're going, or who you hang out with."

"So, you were hanging out with someone?!"

"That's not what I said..."

"WHERE WERE YOU?"

"I went out for dinner with Dan, okay? What the fuck is your problem, Colin?!"

"Right... WHERE?"

"The pizzeria down the street."

"And you were out for one hour and a half?"

"Yes, it's called hanging out with friends... Maybe you'd do some of that if you actually had some..."

Well, he did have friends, one of which was the one I had just hanged out with. But I just wanted him to get out of my room. He was such a dictator... Little did he know I had just been on a date with one of his closest pals... Fuck you, Colin, I do whatever I want. I'll fuck your whole friend group if I want, asshole.

"Whatever," he said "I don't want you hanging out near boys"

"Oh, fuck off, I'm not twelve anymore, you can't tell me what to do."

"I'm your older brother."

"Yeah, not my fucking father! I already have one of those."

Colin finally got out of my room and I rolled my eyes. What an idiot. I took off my denim jacket and threw it over a chair. I looked at my face in the mirror and pushed my hair backwards.  I stared at myself for a solid minute and then sighed.

Why did I have to have an older controlling brother?! Without him, I wouldn't have any trouble dating whoever the fuck I wanted to. Zack Reed was smoking hot, but I couldn't tell everyone I was seeing him, because my brother would like... Totally kill us both. I didn't know what his problem was. All I knew is that it didn't look like he was the cliché protecting brother. It wasn't like he didn't want me to date, anyone, because he was afraid I'd get hurt... It's something different... 

It's like he gets really angry. I think he'd get angry even if I had the perfect man in the entire world. I don't think this is about some dickhead hurting me. It's something else that I can't quite comprehend yet. 

Anyways, I wasn't going to let his shit run my love life. He didn't have to like my dates. He just didn't.  It's my life. Not his. Colin can go fuck himself.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Combed my hair, one more time and lied on my bed, on my phone, earbuds on, Halsey on high volume. Hurricane bursting through my ears. I opened Instagram, and there was the following request. Apparently, Zack had decided it was a nice idea to follow me... Even though he knew who I am since I was like... Ten?  I don't know... I followed him back and started scrolling through my feed.

I ended up falling asleep as soon as I entered Instagram.

I woke up to the sound of my brother screaming at someone. 

That was always pleasant. I looked at the clock. It was half past seven. 

I dragged myself out of bed and dressed up in my "Fuck it" style. My fake adidas track-pants (the real ones be expensive af, I ain't spending 70 dollars on that shit, the fake ones cost me 5 at the gypsy dude around the corner!), my Walmart black sweatshirt and my Vans.

I tied my hair in a bun and got downstairs. In the kitchen, Tyler was smoking a blunt and laughing his ass off.

"Hey, Tyler," I was really sleepy and just ignored his presence as I made my coffe.

But then, I stopped and turned around.

"Wait, what?"

"What's up, man?"

"What are you doing here?"

Meanwhile, Colin had brought a vacuum cleaner and was trying to vacuum the smoke from the hair as he furiously shouted something that neither one of us could quite comprehend.

Tyler was moving his mouth and probably speaking, but, thanks to my dear brother I couldn't understand what the actual fuck was going on.

I turned the vacuum cleaner off.

"What are you doing in my house, Tyler?"

"I came to warn you."

"Huh?"

"I came to warn you about the DRAGON."

I shot a confused look at my brother, whose cheeks were red as a tomato. His fists were closed tight. It was obvious he wasn't finding the situation funny.

"Dragon?"

"Zack's nickname is the Dragon," Colin explained, "It's like he's implying you and him have something going on and you should be careful with him..."

I blushed and tried laughing it off...

"Ha... Ha... Yeah... That... That is... Ridiculous..."

"NOT ONLY IS IT RIDICULOUS, AS YOU ARE SMOKING IN OUR PARENTS' KITCHEN..."

"If only that was the worse thing this kitchen has survived..." Tyler laughed.

"What does that mean?"

"Why the fuck is Zack's nickname the Dragon?" I asked before the pothead could snitch on me and spill the tea on my brother telling him about the party I had had when he was out.

"Something he said when he was drunk. Now, can you get this idiot out of here before mom and dad kick both our asses?"

"Come on, Tyler... Get out of here..."

Colin turned the vacuum cleaner on again and I couldn't stop but to wonder how the fuck my parents hadn't woke up with all this noise yet. 

That and what Tyler meant by "I came to warn you about the Dragon..."

"LOOOOOOOOOK," he yelled as soon as we got outside.

I sighed. Was there a way to make the neighbours hate me even more?

"Tyler, shut it!"

"THE DRAGOOOOOOON..."

He was pointing at absolutely nothing.

"Tyler, what the actual fu..."

"BE CAREFUL..."

He pushed me to my mom's little garden and I ended up crushing her flowers.

"I'LL PROTECT YOU AGAINST THE DRAGON..."

He grabbed the hose and started wetting the whole street.

Okay, so Tyler was just on heavy LSD. He was actually seeing a dragon.

Strangely, that made much more sense.

I dusted the dirt off my clothes and dragged Tyler to school.

"Today is going to be fun..." I mumbled.