Chapter three: The betrayal

Magsimula sa umpisa

Zoe insists of knowing the truth. She could do anything to keep Sarah out of any trouble but she has no idea how will she do it when she keeps hiding things from her.

"Zoe, look, you are my best friend but that doesn't mean that I have to tell you every little detail about me. Just forget it, okay?"

Even though Sarah wants to share the things happening to her, she is too scared of the consequences that will follow. The rest of the road is quite. There is just the music played on the radio which makes the atmosphere a little more invigorating.

After a while they arrive at the twins place. The enormous house in front of them make the girls look tiny. As they walk through they hear the loud music coming from the backyard of the house. It looks like the whole school is here somehow. Most of them are around the giant pool having drinks and dancing to the loud music. Some pople are already drunk and of course there are couples who look like they are about to go down on each other any second. The girls are looking around to find a space to sit when Zak approaches them.

"Hey girls, what's up? When did you get here? I didn't see you earlier."

"Hi, Zak! We just came... like 5 minutes ago."

"Do you, guys, like dancing? Let's go dance!"

The talk between Zak and Sarah doesn't last for long when she finds a way to leave him and Zoe alone.

"I have to find Leo. Where is he? He wanted to show me his book collection."

"I don't know and to be honest I don't care. Anyways, what would you like to drink?"

"I'll get myself a drink while looking for Leo, you two enjoy your chat."

Sarah winks at Zoe emphasizing that she's keeping her promise. Sarah gets lost in the crowd of drunk people while Zak and Zoe are setting themselves on the couch.

"What about you, Zoe? Do you drink?"

"No, I don't. There has to be someone sober to take care of Sarah."

"Oh, so she does get drunk often right?"

Her laughter suddenly stops when Zak asks about Sarah. She doesn't want to talk about her at least not now. Zoe doesn't say anything for a little then he attacks her with another question about her best friend.

"Actually, I wanted to have a talk with Sarah. Where do you think that I could find her? Around the pool, maybe?"

"Yeah, probably."

Nothing else comes out from her mouth. Her eyes shine full of tears. She realizes that he might be attracted to Sarah instead of her. He doesn't even notice Zoe's impression and goes to the pool looking for Sarah.

"Here you are. I was looking for you."

He comes from her back trying to get closer to her. But Sarah moves away confused.

"Where's Zoe? Why did you leave her alone?"

She asks aggressively having her cup of beer on her hand. She puts it on the table behind her and tries to go to Zoe but Zak holds her arm not letting her go.

"Let me go!"

"Sarah, please I wanna talk to you!"

"I'm sorry Zak but I need to find Leo, we'll talk later."

Before heading to the balcony to smoke she pours herself another drink. Leo sees that she is alone and goes to accompany her.

It's already 12pm, everyone is dancing and having fun when Zak suddenly pulls Sarah by her wrist.