Chapter two: "Who were you talking with?"

It's 9pm on Thursday, full of excitement the girls facetime each other while looking for outfits for tomorrow night's party.

"Zoe, listen to me for once and wear that white dress with flowers on it, it's not as revealing as you think it is. All eyes will be on you if you wear it. Also, it makes your legs look longer."

Laying on her bed Sarah tries to convince her. She is glad that at least Zoe agreed to go to the party because she wants her to be more open to people since she never talks to anyone. Not because she hates them or something but she is just too shy to start a conversation with anyone that she doesn't know that well.

"Sarah, you know that even if I wear that dress my mom will make me change it, right? So, I'll just wear my jeans and a t-shirt, they make me feel comfy. And not everything is about boys for me, I'm going there just to protect you from getting drunk and ending up in someone's bed again."

Pinching the phone between her shoulder and head Zoe rolls her eyes while searching for her clothes in the wardrobe.

"Ughh, you're just like my mom. I've told you so many times to stop worrying about me. I'm a grown woman and I can take care of myself, all I want from you is to have fun and enjoy the night, okay?"

The mess in Sarah's room is getting worse, she's throwing her clothes around randomly trying to find her favorite dress.

"I'll enjoy the night if you don't leave me alone in there. Also do me a favor for once and make me talk to Zak please. I think he's kinda cute, I'd like to speak to him."

Her shyness can be heard from the other side of the phone. She usually doesn't say stuff like that but this time she seems to be really interested in Zak since she wants to talk to him.

"Aww, my little girl is having crush on Zak. Don't worry, I'll do every thing to make you both talk. That's the first time you're telling me such a thing, how would I not help you?! Now, you just HAVE to wear that dress."

Her words surprise Sarah but she is also very happy. Her best friend, wanting to talk to a boy, such a rare situation. Sarah would never miss that chance to help her bestie.

"Please don't make me blush in front of him. I don't want to look like a crackhead. Anyways, what are you going to wear?"

Zoe immediately changes the topic. She is not used to talking about the guys that she finds cute because when she was 6th grade she told Bella about a guy she liked and Bella told Marylin, her cousin and old best friend that moved to another city years ago, and she embarrassed little Zoe by pulling her skirt in front of him. She couldn't forget that since then and Zoe always preferred to keep her feelings only for herself... until now.

"I'll wear my black dress, it goes to every event as you know... birthdays, parties, dinners and so on."

Sarah finds spending a lot of money on clothes unnecessary, that's why she always wears that dress. She prefers saving money for her future plans that she wants to accomplish, like owning a parfume brand, even though her family already has a successful business.

"Okay, then. See you tomorrow, Sarah."

Zoe hangs up, throws her phone on the bed and keeps searching for her "party clothes". She can't decide if she wants to wear that dress, her modesty tells her to not dress "extravagant" for such home party. She spends the last one hour of looking for clothes and finally goes to bed.

In the morning, Sarah wakes up and sees that she's already running late for school. She immediately runs to the bathroom, does her make up and wears her clothes. She gets in the car and calls Zoe.