Chapter sixteen: Lies or truth?!

It's 9 am on Thursday. The school is filled with student's chatters. Bella and Omar are standing right in front of the lockers when all of a sudden a couple of cops enter the school and approach them. Everyone's gaze immediately turns to them while Bella tries playing the dumb and going away but one of the policemen stops her.

"We need you too, young lady. Don't go anywhere!"

His voice is deeper than the expected which makes Bella freeze in her place. She turns back to them trying to keep herself cool but everyone there could see her nervousness. Omar doesn't even move an inch, his coldness is good known for every student in this school but this time it makes him look suspicious... like he knows why exactly the police wants to talk to them.

"What's the matter, sir?"

He asks with a straight voice, looking right into their eyes while Bella is gripping his arm like a kid trying to hide from the strangers.

"You two have to come to the station for an interrogation."

"What for?"

"About Rachel Barker! Shall we go?"

Bella turns her head to Omar to see his reaction but he doesn't take his eyes away from the cops. He looks like he has something in mind, like he was expecting this to happen.

As everyone is staring at them, they leave the school shutting the happy chatters down, now only the silence is left. Zak who is talking to his friends gets curious about the situation and goes to his twin Leo while fixing his hair as always.

"Do you think that they have something to do with Rachel?"

"I don't know. They hate each other, don't you remember? Apparently, there is an evidence that leads to them otherwise the cops wouldn't take them."

"No, no, no, no. They wouldn't make it this far, would they?"

"I have no idea, Zak. Why don't you ask your precious girlfriend about some details so you could gossip with your friends, huh?"

"You're such an idiot, you know that?! Anyways, I'm going to class and stop mentioning her!"

As Zak turns back and heads to the classroom, Leo follows him. He feels bad about how did he leave Sarah. Even though his brother says that he doesn't want to talk about her, Leo knows that he is dying to know what she is doing right now or where she is or anything about her.

"She misses you, Zak! Why are you being such an asshole?! You should go talk to her instead you're here with your dumbass friends."

"It's none of your business!"

"Stop pretending that you don't care. You're my brother, I see that you miss her too. Just go, dude!"

A little smile forms to Zak's face when he hears what his brother said. He decides to listen to Leo for once and walks by Leo patting his arm in form of thanking him and goes to Sarah's in hope that she's there and ready to talk.

Arriving at the police station Bella starts looking even more nervous and worried. Looks like she and Omar have no idea why are they there. One of the policemen makes a gesture with his hand as they go in and a woman in a uniform comes to them.

"Hello, guys! I'm Officer Janet. Do you know why did we take you here?"

"No, why?"

Bella's voice is like little child's, shy, quiet and shaking. Omar finally looks at her with frustration because of her sudden answer.

"Bella, can you calm the fuck down, we haven't done anything why are you so stressed?!"

"Well, our friend is lost and you're telling me to calm down?!"