Chapter one: New beginnings

Finally, it's the first day of school. Some are excited some... not so much. Zoe the 18 y/o, short girl with brown hair and big brown eyes who is just waking up, makes her bed and gets ready. This morning she has a feeling that this year is going to be different, but what exciting could possibly happen to a non popular like her.

She is doing her make up while waiting for her best friend Sarah to come and pick her up. They are the same age and have the same classes so it's easy to drive to school together almost everyday. Sarah is much taller so it makes a really cute hight difference between them, she also loves partying and having fun at all times. She is waiting for Zoe to come down but there's no sight of her, with every second she is getting more frustrated and calls her friend.

"Hi Sarah, where are you?" she asks innocently not suspecting her temper.

"Bitch I'm waiting for you since 09:30, it's fucking 10 now. Where the fuck are YOU? We are already late for school." Sarah's loud voice which can be heard from 10 feet away startles her as she pulls the phone away from her ear. She hates being late but unfortunately it often happens to her.

"Oh, uhm... I'm sorry Sarah. I was having breakfast. I'll be right there." Zoe's already used to her "angry voice" so she doesn't get bothered by it and goes to her room to get her stuff.

"You better be here or I'll go by myself" in a hurry she grabs her bag, puts on her shoes and leaves. While she's walking towards Sarah's car, she sees her childhood friend Rachel. But she doesn't notice Zoe waving at her and keeps walking to the other direction, staring deeply at her phone. Seeing her friend like that makes her curious. " Where is she going that fast? And why does she look so frustrated?" She asks to herself getting in the car.

"Finally, you're here. Who were you looking at?" Starting the car Sarah tries to take a look at the person from the mirror then turns her head to Zoe waiting for her answer.

"Rachel... I waved at her but she didn't notice me. She seemed sad though." She is one of the rarest people with the "happy" aura in this town who lights up others mood around her at all times. The word sadness doesn't exist in her dictionary for 6 years now... but this year it'll come out again.

"Maybe it's just her resting bitch face. Who knows?!" Rachel has been Sarah's friend since 1st grade but she doesn't like her a lot, they always have small conflicts for almost everything.

"No, it's not that. I know her since we are kids. She doesn't get sad easily, that's just not in her nature. There has to be something specific. Something that really got her in a bad mood."

"It's none of our business, Zoe. She'll buy herself some clothes and you'll see her smile again. "Their" sadness doesn't last for long you know that."

"I know, but this time seems different. I'll talk to her later or at least I'll try."

"Fine... After all she is your childhood friend, not mine." Sarah starts driving while thinking about Zoe's words which don't bother her even a little... the only thing that makes he think is her curiosity.

They reach the school's parking area. As soon as they get out of the car, Bella and her boyfriend Omar catch their eye. Those two have been dating since 7th grade, the girls didn't think that they were going to last but they proved them wrong... Actually, it came this far only for one reason and it is that this is Bella's first relationship experience and she didn't want to break up with someone that she trusted with her body. Even though Omar cheated on her a hundred times, she still didn't give up on loving him.

"Sarah, do you think that we should say hi?" The love birds seem like they're going to fuck every second while our sweet Zoe thinks about saying hi to them.

"No. Don't you see Zoe, they're in the middle of a very important conversation right now. It's not polite to interrupt them."

"Okay then. I didn't want to talk to her boyfriend anyways, he's kinda annoying to me."

"Yeah, I know. I don't like him too. He thinks he's better than others... like wtf dude we are all in the same school and city. Dumb rich ass bitch. I wish he gets expelled or something I can't stand seeing him every day."

"Sarah, don't talk like you don't know this school's policy. They never expell students with super rich parents especially if they make donations to the school." Sarah rolls her eyes in annoyance and keeps walking.

As soon as they walk in the classroom their eyes land on two boys that are sitting right next to the windows. Sarah goes straight to them without hesitation. A human doesn't even need to talk to her to see her confidence. A playful smile form on her face as she gets closer to the guys that she found attractive a second ago.

"Hi guys! You have to be the new students, right? I'm Sarah. Welcome to our school! I hope you like drama because this school is full of it" she slightly laughs making a silly impression to them.

The boy with a long curly hair and a cute smile introduces himself first not letting the lady in front of him wait.

"Hi Sarah. I'm Zak and that's my little brother Leo. Nice to meet you."

"Shut up asshole you are only 2 minutes older. I'm sorry about him. Btw... I'm Leo, the smarter one as you can see." - and this is Zak's twin. Unlike Zak, Leo has a dark and straight hair despite not being as muscular as Zak he is more intelligent than him.

Zak and Leo have always been together since birth, they moved to this city in the beginning of summer because of their dad's work, who is a real estate agent and their mom is working as a dentist. But they have very different personalities - Leo is a hard working guy who doesn't like to talk a lot so people consider him shy or just quiet, he stays out of trouble unlike Zak - who drinks, smokes, not so bright school career and hooks up with random girls every week. He's ended up in principals office multiple times because of selling weed to students. But after what he did last time he promised his parents he'll change.

"Oh, it's okay. Nice to meet you too." Sarah starts searching in her bag and pulls out a little note that has her phone number on it and hands it to them. "You can call me whenever you need anything. I'll try to help you."

"That's nice. Thank you! Btw... we're throwing a party at Friday night and the whole school is invited, you should come too. There will be alcohol and drugs." Zak winks at Sarah like he's trying to convince her but that's not even necessary, she never misses any parties.

"You're such a dumbass Zak, only because you do drugs and drink doesn't mean that others should do it too! Don't try to ruin their lifes. And don't forget your promise to mom and dad." Leo warns his brother.

"Leo... you're boring as fuck, just let people do whatever they want to, ok? To be honest that promise doesn't mean anything to me. Also, our parents are leaving the town so the house will be just for us, they won't find out what happened that night... if you don't tell them!" Sarah feels the tension between them tries to cool down the situation by saying:

"Okay guys, stop arguing please. I'd love to come. A party without me is like having French fries without ketchup... and who the fuck eats their fries without ketchup, huh?!" They all laughs slightly.

"Cool... then see you there Sarah."

As Sarah sits next to Zoe, she gives her a strange look. She knows exactly what Sarah has in her mind and after all those years she's already full of her dramas with boys. She never got tired of protecting and warning Sarah, but most of the time Sarah was doing whatever she wanted to. But this time Zoe doesn't look to hold her feelings back...

Thanks for reading! If you liked the story don't forget to vote! ♡

Do you think that Sarah is too rude?
What do you think about Zak and Leo?

Let us know your opinion in the comments! 🙏