Chapter five: Trust issues

Sarah is getting ready for her date, she wears blue jeans and a lace blue crop top and starts waiting for Zak to pick her up. It's almost 8pm and Zak is in front of her house. She leaves and gets in the car:

"Hey, you're on time." she says.

"I didn't want to make you wait." He says nicely with a huge a smile.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." says Zak and winks at Sarah.

"Zak, I don't like surprises! Especially from you, I'm not sure if I'll like it or not."

"Come on, Sarah, don't be so negative about me. If you get to know me more, you'll see that I'm not as bad you think I am." Sarah feels nervous but she still has a good feeling inside her.

Zak keeps driving until they reach the beachside. They get out of the car and go to a place where there is a sheet on the sand, a picnic basket and candles. "This looks cute" thinks Sarah but doesn't say anything to Zak until he breaks the silence and says:

"I hope you like it. I don't know a lot about you and that's why I wanted the date to be simple."

"It's cool. I like the mood, the candles... This place is so quiet and beautiful. Have you been here before?"

"Yeah, this place is special for me. When I and Leo were kids, we used to come here and have fun with our parents. Good old days... We were so innocent, Sarah, now look at me, Leo hates me, so do my parents. I haven't done anything to hurt them, I'm always trying to be the son that they want me to be, but they never appreciate the things that I do it's always Leo for them... the perfect son, the smartest student. I'm never enough..."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Zak. But maybe you are guilty about something, don't you think? They can't start acting like this for no reason, they are your family."

"I don't know... I can't remember anything that I've done to make them hate me."

"Is it true... the thing that Leo said about you taking drugs? Because if it is then... that's the reason, I guess."

"I'm not going to lie to you, Sarah, yes I do take drugs but I do it only because they make me feel relaxed, otherwise I'll be arguing with my parents 24/7 because of my anger issues. When I first tried it, I felt like I was on an another planet... like there were no worries about anything, I just could be free from every little thing. Also, my parents don't say anything about it, at the beginning they tried to stop me but I stole their money and ran away from home for 7 days but I came back after Leo's call. Anyways, let's not talk about it I've bored you enough."

"No, Zak. I want to help you get along with your family again. I didn't know that you're hurt I can't let you be like this. I can't know exactly how they treat you but I'll be always there for you when you need me. And if you don't mind I'll talk with them."

"Thank you so much for your support, Sarah, but no. Don't talk to them, they'll think that I asked you for this. If they wanted to make things good between us, they would. Just leave it as it is, I'm used to it."

They stay a little more on the beachside and talk about their lives. After a while they leave and Zak takes Sarah home and she says:

"Thanks for tonight's date, Zak. It was nice to talk to you. We should go out more often." says Sarah and stares into Zak's dark brown eyes. He gets closer to her and moves his hand to her face as he closes his eyes and kisses her on the lips. Sarah gets butterflies in her stomach but says goodnight and leaves.

The last period is over and the girls are going home. Today Zoe and Sarah are walking because Sarah's car is getting fixed. As they leave Zoe asks her about her date:

"So... how was it?"

"How was what?" replies Sarah pretending like she doesn't understand her.

"The dateeee. Tell me every little detail, girl. I want to know everything."

"There wasn't anything that exciting. We were at the beachside and we talked a lot. Then he took me home and... we kissed." says Sarah and blushes.

"Girl, I know you've kissed before." giggles Zoe. "But this kiss sounds magical. I'm so happy for you. I hope that everything goes well for you. Now tell me what did you talk about."

"He told me that he has problems with his parents. Oh, btw he took me to the place where he used to go with his family. And ... he said that he ... oh wait, look it's Rachel I have to talk to her. I'll call you later, Zoe. Bye!" Sarah runs towards Rachel to make plans with her for a sleepover at her house so they find out.

"Hey, Rachel! How is it going? Oh, are you okay? Your eyes are so red."

"I'm good." Rachel keeps walking, she looks like she doesn't want to talk to Sarah.

"Rachel! Let's have a girls night? You, me and Zoe, what do you think? It'll affect all of us good. Especially you! You look tired, you definitely need to relax, we could watch movies and gossip."

"Okay." Rachel replies without changing her face expression like she doesn't enjoy this conversation.

"Perfect! Then tomorrow night at your house, okay? We'll come at 9pm. Bye, bye Rachel." says Sarah and goes back to her way home and calls Zoe.

"Zoe, I talked to her. She didn't seem excited or whatever but we'll still have a sleepover, tomorrow night at 9pm, be ready I'll pick you up."

"How did you convince her? She was like dead inside at school."

"Yeah, she still was but she said 'okay' so we'll go." Zoe laughs at her.

"I knew that you could do it Sarah." says she and hangs up the phone.

Thanks for reading if you liked the story don't forget to vote! ♡

Do you think Zak is innocent?

Guys, are you enjoying the story so far?

Let us know your opinion in the comments! 🙏