Chapter 70:

Apparently Ben thought it was okay to set up someone to take my to New York and not tell me. In what world is that okay? Not mine.

So, grandma and grandpa Lawrence are taking me. I'm just thinking of all the 'fun' that could happen.

I mean there not the youngest people on Earth but they're not like 100. I guess it's a happy, kinda, medium.

I go to school today and leave tonight. I don't understand why I need to go to school. I'm leaving like two hours after school anyways. Couldn't you've just let me skip today all to together. But, again not in my world, that would never happen.

I still need to pack some of my stuff, last minute things. So that's all I really need to do once I get home.

So sitting in drivers ed I count down the minutes till I get to leave for New York. 3 hours and 47 minutes.

Of course my teachers knew I wasn't going to be there so them being the butt heads they are already had to work for the rest of the week ready for me. Yay.

The hours, minutes, and seconds couldn't go by slower.

~~~

Now it's only a hour and 15 minutes till New York, but of course I'm stuck in history. Ugh. I don't think Ms. Clack could get more boring.

She has the most monotone voice I've ever heard and I've heard a lot of voices.

I just stop looking at the clock, I've been looking every minute or so. That's not helping the time go by any faster.

I must not have looked at the clock in awhile because the bells rings. I smash all of my stuff into my backpack. Books, papers, and pencils go flying as everything is put into my backpack.

I fling it on to my back and pull out my phone and headphones. Walking out of the classroom to the bus I get a few 'good luck's but even more 'I hope you lose's.

I could care less if people like me or not anymore. I know who my real friends are and who I can trust, that's all the really matters at this point.

~~~

I walk faster down the road then I have recently, since I'm leaving in only a few hours. I walk through the door and I don't hear Hunter screaming. I walk into the kitchen only to see a note with Mere's handwriting.

'Had to get out of the house. Be back soon. ~Mere'

Oh, the silence feels amazing. No one screaming or trying to quiet the screaming. Just silence. Nothing else.

I go up the stairs throwing my backpack on to my bed then walk over to my half packed suitcase. I pick it up and throw everything out. Then start putting the stuff back in. I add everything else that I use everyday, meds included.

~~~

I pull my suitcase and backpack, now filled with fun stuff, to the front door. Ben comes walking toward me Hunter on his shoulder. He hands me an envelope I open it to find dollar bills lined up in it. I look up at him confused.

"Spending money," he says leaning down a little to kiss the top og my head.

"Why? I already have an outfit," I ask.

"So, you can have some fun while your there too," he says.

I stuff the envelope into the front pocket of my backpack, then follow him to the kitchen. He's trying to make dinner. I guess Mere went to take a nap for awhile, but she totally deserves it.

I come up behind him and grab under Hunter's arms, pulling him over Ben's shoulder.

"Thanks," he mumbles as he continues on there dinner. "Grandma and Grandpa should be over to get you soon," he says looking into the pot on the stove.

I cradle Hunter in my arms as I go around and sit on a bar stool. I set him up on the counter top, like he's sitting, as I sit in the chair.

Ben has the radio on as he cooks and I can't help but to softly sing along. Hunter starts to giggle.

"Do you like that?" I ask him leaning into his face.

He gurgles in response.

I pull him up by under his arms and make it look like he's standing. I continue to sing as I make it look like he's dance. It's not hurting him because he keeps gurgling.

Ben must finally turn around and see what I'm doing to Hunter and busts out laughing.

I turn Hunter around so he's facing Ben and continue with 'the show'. Ben continues to laugh.

"He looks like he's the one singing," Ben let's out through his laughter. He then takes out his phone and starts to take a video as I continue to make Hunter 'perform'.

Ben's parents must have come in while he was laughing because they only get to the doorway to the kitchen before they start to laugh too.

The song finishes and I make Hunter 'bow' but onlymovehis hands. Everyone continues to laugh as I move him back down to my arms. I look at him and his eyelids are starting to close.

"Did that tire you out?" I ask him as his eyelids sag even more.

"I'm going to put him to bed, for now," I say as I start to walk up the stairs, careful not to trip as Hunter rests in my arms.

I get to his room and kiss his forehead before I lay him in his crib. I stand there for a minute looking at him as he falls fast asleep.

I turn around and Mere is leaning on the door frame.

"How are you so good with him?" she asks as I walk her walk.

"I have no idea," I say squeezing past her.

"You're going to be great when you have kids, in the future," she says walking beside me.

"Far, far, far, far, far, future," I say as I walk down the stairs Mere behind me.

"The beast is awake," I hear Ben say as I walk around to where I had set my phone to charge earlier. I pull it off and into my pocket with my headphones.

"Well, we better get going," Grandma Lawrence says. She looks eager to leave.

"Okay, then," Ben says starting to walk over to me.

"I'll take you next time, I promise," he whispers into my ear as he hugs me.

"Okay," I say as I hug him back.

Ben let's go and hugs hiss parents while Mere walks over to me.

"We know you can do it," she says in my ear. She pulls away and Ben's parents start to walk towards the door. I follow behind them as they walk but someone jumps on my before I get to the door. I hock my arms under his butt, then continue to walk.

We reach the door and everyone stops. I put Bear down and kiss his cheek as I do.

I pick up my backpack putting it over my shoulder.

We all walk out the door towards their car. Ben puts my bag in the back of their car. Ben hugs me one last time I get into the car with his parents and we head to the airport. Headed for New York.