Chapter 16: Bowling

I wake up and roll over to look at the clock. 10:30. I look up at the ceiling and fumble to find me phone then message Justin.

'Hey when are you coming to get me?'

'I don't know when do you think'

'Ummmm...... how's 8:30 sound to you?'

'Good'

I roll out of bed then I walk downstairs where everyone else is sitting on the couch watching one of Bear's shows.

"Hey." I say as I walk down the stairs. Then flop on the clinch next to Ben with a huge smile on my face.

"What are you so happy about?"

I think for a minute then say "I can't smile without having a reason."

"Okay then."

Just then Meredith walks into the kitchen and I follow her to tell her what's going on.

"So when is you-now-who coming to pick you up?"

"8:30."

"And where are you going anyways?"

"Bowling."

"Okay just be careful."

"Okay," I say as we walk back to where the boys are sitting.

We sit there and watch some cartoons till about 2:30. Then go and up to my room and try to find something to wear. I finally decide on a pair of dark jeans, a floral tank top, a black cardigan and my tan up boots. I walk back down stairs and watch some more tv.

I finally decide to get ready around 7:00. I take a shower then dry off. Before I put my I put on my clothes I wrap a towel around myself then flat iron my hair then slightly curl the ends. Then I go and put on my clothes. Then apply some mascara, eyeliner and then a little sparkly lip gloss. I walk down stairs and grab my phone and wallet.

By the time I'm finished it's 8:20. I sit and play with Bear until the doorbell rings. But Ben gets to the door before me.

"Hello, who are you?"

I but in, so it doesn't go to far.

"This Justin we're going bowling."

"Now how come no one told me about this?"

"Because I asked Meredith," I say quietly looking at my feet.

"Okay I trust you. Now go have fun," he says kissing my forehead then pushing me out the door while giving Justin the death glare.

We walk to his mom's car and he opens the door.

"Hello Mrs. Harrison," I say sliding over to the other side of the car as Justin slides in.

"Hello, sweetie," she says back.

The rest if the ride there is awkwardly silent. Until his mom drops us off.

"One lane please and a pair of 9's and.."

"A pair of 6's."

He gives us the shoes and then takes us to our lane. I sit and put on my shoes then go and find a bowling ball. I come back he's waiting for me.

My name is first so I walk up to bowl skid the ball over the waxed floors and am about to go again when he comes up behind me and grabs both of my hands that are on the ball. Then pulls his body up against mine.

"This is how you bowl," he whispers in my ear and then makes my arm swing an let go of the ball and it hits all of the pins. I turn around and hug him with my hands around his neck and his around my waist.

The night goes on and he ends up winning the game but insist that the person with the least pins wins. After we go to the restaurant in the bowling alley where his mom meets us. I don't mind his mom being there she's nice and all but sometimes she won't stop talking. We get a booth with me and him on one side and his mom on the other. We all order I get a coke and eat some real food for the first time in awhile. I eat some cheeseburger slider with French fries. While both him and his mom eat monster burgers with a pile of fries.

He takes a bite out of his burger and gets ketchup on his cheek. I was about to wipe it off but his mom leans over the table and wipes it off with a napkin. His face turns bright red and as his mom sits back in her sit he says so he thinks I can't hear him "mom not now". I laugh I can't help it. It just bursts out of me.

We finish dinner and his mom pays after they argue for ten minutes about who is going to pay. After me and him walk hand in hand back to his mom's car. I slide in again an the ride back is full of making jokes and laughing till we pull up to my house I start to get out my door when he decides to walk me back. We walk hand in hand as we walk up until I see someone's shadow walk towards the door. I drop his hand.

"What's wrong?," he questions as he has a hurt look on his face.

We keep walking and just before we get to the door he grabs my hand and stops.

"What is it," I question him.

He takes my hand and I'm terrified for what anyone inside to see.

"Tonight was amazing."

"Yeah it was."

"I'm going to miss you while I'm at my grandma's house for Christmas."

"What," I ask a little surprised as I cross my arms across my chest.

"I thought I told you."

"Well you didn't."

"I'm sorry babe."

"I guess it's fine."

"I'm sorry," he says pulling me into a hug.

"It's okay," I say pulling out of the hug and we start to walk to the front door.

He stops again and says "I'll make sure to call and text you okay?"

"Okay," I say blushing a little.

We walk up to the front door and he hugs me again and I hug him back.

"Love you," he says as he lets go.

"You too," I say not being able to say 'I love you' because I don't know if I do.

I walk inside as he walks back to his moms car.

I walk to my room and change into yoga pants and a huge t-shirt. Then walk into the bathroom and wash my face of the little amount of makeup on my face. I walk downstairs to get some water but go down the main stairs and see Ben and Meredith sitting on the couch watching some horror movie. Seeing as I'm the only other one besides them up I quietly walk to the back of the couch where there sitting and watch a little of the movie so I know what to scream.

I decide that it's time. I stand up just so I'm at there ears and whisper "where have you been?" In a really creepy voice. They jump and Meredith screams a little. I laugh as Ben cusses under his breathe.

"When the hell did you get home?"

"Like 15 minutes ago."

I walk to the kitchen and grab a bottle of water then go up the back stairs. I walk into my room drinking its icy cold water that feels amazing on my throat. I go and lay on bed then plug in my phone and turn in the radio. But turn it down because I was blasting it before I left. I lay there and stare at the ceiling.

Then slowly fall asleep.