Chapter 84: The Night Goes On

I wake up to see I have a notification from Instagram. Clicking on it and unlock my phone. A picture on Connor's account of me and him with silly faces comes up. The caption reads: she's the only one that makes me this crazy.

I start to feel myself blush and like the pic, then commenting only kissy faces.

I roll over closer into Ben's arms and my eyes fall back down, as I think of that stupid picture and the caption below it.

My mind though refuses to fall asleep as it thinks of all the things that picture means.
We're back together.
Ben might not be happy.
Everyone on Instagram already knows.
Will this really work out?
He watched my performance.
He must have liked that song then.
I wonder if Mere knows.
How will I tell Ben?

All of these thought clog my head not letting me sleep for a few measly more minutes.

So I lay there my eyes shut but my thoughts gong crazy.

~~~

Ben and I sleep away the rest of the day till we absolutely have to get dressed. Doing the same things as I did last night then walk out about to put on my sneakers. I slip my mockingjay pin out of my bag and pin it to the side of the shoe that faces the other, then put them on.

We do the same, almost, exact thing we did last night.

I sit in the back messing on my phone as everyone talks and jokes around.

Names are continuously called through out the night until I hear my and snap out of my trance.

First of the night this can't be good. I can feel my hands shaking as I walk up to the stage and stand in my place.

"And the person moving on to the finals is.....," Nick lets on.

My knees jiggle as he holds the suspense and the lights turn to face me and the other contestants.

"The person going to the finals is............ The Untouchables," he says and I almost sigh in relief.

I go and hug the dancers then walk down to the reserved seats. The night goes on and the other empty seats around me fill with people.

I don't say much for the rest of the night, not because I'm sad or mad, but I'm just tired. I fell asleep in Ben's arms again.