Chapter 85: Food.

My eyes wide open I lay still in Ben's arms. I don't want to wake him up. He just looks so peaceful.

I close my eyes just for a second but must fall asleep again since I wake up to Ben shaking my shoulders saying that we need to get out of bed.

Somehow I do, my legs swing to the edge of the bed, but I just sit there as Ben rushes around getting clothes and shoving them in his suitcase. Raising from the bed I start to put the last few things in my suitcase. Pulling out my clothes for the flight I go into the bathroom.

Doing a little dance I get my skinny jeans on with a plain white t-shirt. Fixing my nautical infinity scarf around my neck and slipping into a pair of plain black flats. Simple mascara and lip gloss, finish my look with an included spritz of perfume.

I walk out and put the stuff back into my suitcase. Sitting on it I manage to close it and sit it up on it's wheels. I throw my book and my phone into my brown faux leather bag as my carry on along with my guitar.

I flip on my phone only to find what looks like billions of 'I'm so sorry' and 'That was a mistake your wonderful's. I don't read any of them I just get rid of the annoying notification bubble at the corner of my messages icon.

To me though it donsen't seem to big of a deal right now. I mean I was doing it for the fun anyways. Seriously I didn't want to win, I wanted to lose. Personally I don't think I could handle winning.

"Come on, Anna, time to go," Ben says with the handle of his suitcase in his hand with his backpack on his back.

"Okay," I say getting up from where I had somehow sat on one of the beds. Grabbing my bags and guitar I follow him out of our room and to the elevator.

~~~

Sitting in the airport waiting for Mere has to be one of the more horrible things.

She's probably really upset that I didn't make it farther. She probably thought when I got off the stage I balled my eye out when really I counted my blessings. I don't think I could have handled the stress of the finals. America's Got Talent finals.

Now that I think of it I'm pretty sure I have finals in the next few weeks. Boy, oh, boy, am I screwed.

"Over here," I can hear Mere shouting for us.

We both stand up from the bench we were sitting on and walk towards her with our bags. As soon as we get there she hugs both of us. We don't say much as we walk out of the crowded building and to her car.

"I'm so sorry sweetie," she says as she drives and I stare out the window.

"It's okay. I'm suprised I got that far," I say truthfully.

"Well, everyone is at our house," she says like I should be excited.

"Really?" I say in more of a questioning tone than what I thought.

"Yeah, we all thought you might need something to cheer you up," she says a smile from ear to ear on her face.

"I'm not that sad actually," I say trying to sound more confident in myself.

"Well, I just thought that you might need some cheering up," she says the smile semi leaving her face.

"But that sounds really fun, any ways," I say trying to make her not sad, like I just had.

"Okay, there all there already so," she says as we pull on to our street.

"Fun," I say actually smiling. Everyone's there. They must care about me at least a little.

We pull into the driveway and get out to get our bags, but Bear runs out to me and climbs on to my leg.

"Hey, Bear," I say picking him up and setting him on my hip as I sling my bag on to one shoulder.

Ben and Mere walk up the stairs and into the house first while Bear and I follow.

Everyone walks up to me as I set Bear down on the floor to take my bags to my room.

"I'll be right back," I say as I start towards the stairs and up them to my room. Throwing my bags and sitting my guitar on my bed I then run back down the stairs.

I come down only to be engulfed in hugs. I struggle for breathe as I try to get some, if at all any, air.

Eventually everyone lets go and I can breathe.

I can smell the food from the kitchen and start in that direction. The whole idea of a diet fleeing my mind as I start to stuff food into my mouth.

Everyone walks around and talks about 'usual' stuff. Nothing that really seemed to stick in my mind. I thank everyone as they leave one by one slowly leaving the house.