Chapter 73:

The show finishes and walk out from the stage. My heart is still in my chest even though I finished the performance already.

"Hey, you did great," Jen says hugging me, I hug her back and I'm pretty sure they can see the terror on my face.

"Sweetie, you did great. You have to go through to the next round," grandma says hugging me, trying to get me to relax a little but I can't. I have no reason to be nervous, I already performed, but I think it’s the chance of not making it.

I let out a breath trying to calm myself and smile.

"Come on, we're going out for dinner," Jen says grabbing my hand and leads everyone else out.

Jen and Nick pull on their sunglasses even though it's dark. We walk into a fancy looking restaurant and are lead straight to a booth in the back. I get squished in between Jen and grandma but I can deal. Only now do I check my phone which has a bunch of messages and attempted phone calls.

'Great job. If you don't get through America needs to get a brain check,' Ben sent as soon as I was done with the performance.

'Thanks,' I send him not knowing what else to say.

'Don't think you could have done better <3,' I read Connors message. A smile must come on my face because Jen looks at me like she already knows who I'm talking to.

'Thanks and I think I could have done better,' I send as a waiter comes over to our table.

~~~

We are all finished eating our dinners and just sitting there talking. Nick and Jen stand up and grandpa looks like he knows what's going on. I take out my phone on the camera knowing that this has to be something good. Jen looks confused as they stand there in front on the table.

I hit the record button the video camera and a few seconds’ later Nick starts talking.

"Jen, you know I love you more than anyone else in the world, in the universe. I don't know what I would do without you. You always put a smile on my face and make my heart skip a beat every time I see you," he says then gets down on one knee in front of her. "Jennifer Shrader Lawrence, will you marry me?" he says taking a box out of his pocket and opening it in front of Jen. She looks petrified, but in a good way. She has one hand over her mouth which has to be wide open in surprise.

"Yes, yes," she says as he put the ring on to the appropriate finger.

He stands up and she wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him.

So happy I got that on video.

They both soon calm down and sit back down, Jen almost in Nick’s lap, but its sooooooo adorable.

Grandma is just about in tears, happy tears. Everyone congratulates them. Jen looks like there is no way for her to calm down.

We soon go back to our hotel for the next day ahead of us. And as soon as I wash my face and change, I'm in bed asleep.