Chapter 32:AGT

I wake up to my alarm I set last night. Today's the day. My one big chance. I jump out if bed and into the shower. Quickly I wash my hair and body then dry of with a towel. I blow dry my hair also straightening it. I go to my closet and pick out a strapless dress with a floral bottom and black top. I slip into it and look at myself in the mirror in my bathroom.

"You look amazing," I hear Ben say behind me as I look in the mirror at him.

"Thank you," I say turning around to face him. He walks out as I finish with some makeup and a brown belt. I slide into some flats as I walk out the door and grab my guitar. I walk down the steps with Meredith. We sort of talk if you want to call it that. We all quickly pile into the truck and hit the road. As we drive I put in my headphones and listen to the song that I'm going to sing. Waiting for the World to Change by John Mayers.

We pull up and I stop my music and text Connor. I'm so nervous and I know he can calm me down just with communicating with him.

We walk in and stand in a huge line for a couple hours then we are finally at the table to register.

"Hello, what's your name," asks a perky blonde from in front of me sitting behind a table.

"Anna Westfield," I say looking at Ben for his approval. He slightly nods at me. So he agrees.

"And what will you being doing for us today," she asks as she write my name down.

"I will be singing and playing guitar today," I say with a smile on my face.

"Okay you can go wait in that room and come when we call for your number," she says handing me a long sticker with a bunch if numbers in it.

"Thank you," I say as me and Ben walk to where we're told to. Meredith and Bear went into the audience to watch the other acts.

Luckily I'm an early number so we don't wait for long.

Right now I'm pacing back and forth, wait and on the phone with Connor.

"Just calm down you'll be fine," he says as I continue to pace back and forth.

"But what if I miss up or I forget the words," I think aloud knowing he will say something to make them all go away.

"Nothing, because your not. I believe you can do it. Ben knows you can do it. Meredith knows you can do it. Even Jen knows you can do it. So just calm down," he says as my nerves calm little by little.

"Okay," I say starting to stop my pacing as my neves suddenly vanish.

"Well I have to go," I say as the person two people up from me walk on to the stage.

"You can do it. Just pretend it you and me in your room. It's just you and me. I know you can do it. Love you," he says as he starts to hang up.

"Love you too," I say as we finally end out call.

"Just me and Connor. Just me and Connor. Just me and Connor," I mumble as I stand in the shortest line that I wish was longer.

"Are you whispering to yourself," asks a man with dark skin and brown eyes wearing a bright orange suit.

"Yeah," I laugh at myself.

"Don't worry," he says putting his hand in the small of my back.

"Okay," I say as we start to walk towards the side entrance of the stage. The person that was in front if me walks off. The man starts to walk me to the stage and says "good luck." as I walk on to the 'x' on the stage. I look across from me and see two men on either side of two women.