Chapter 53: Fought Bigger Battles

*three months*

Everything started to go my way recently.

I passed all of my exams and SOLs.

Connor and I made up after a couple days of minimal communication.

Ben kind of apologized. He said that he didn't mean to yell or get mad at me. That was after not talking to each other for almost two weeks though.

Today's the last day of school and I couldn't be happier. No one to mess with me or talk about me with me hearing.

I get up, slinging my feet over the edge, and trudge to the shower. The hot water running over my body and though my hair.

I step out and into the cold air. Slipping into a bright blue skater skirt and a tank top. I go back and curl the ends of my hair, then pull on a thin white shirt over the tank top.

Being me I strut up to the mirror dramatically flipping my hair over my shoulder. I put on a light layer of mascara and thick eyeliner.

I go down the steps my phone in hand, then grab my pills. I start towards the bus stop.

~~~

Me and Amanda sit in math talking. I didn't bring anything so there's nothing we can really do.

"So, what are you doing over the summer," Amanda asks, curiosity swimming though her dark green eyes.

"Well, you know I kinda have that thing goin' on," I say in my usual manner.

"Nothing else," she says with the same curiosity.

"I don't know," I say truthfully. "I mean Ben said he has a surprise for me, but I'm not really sure if its going to be good or not," I keep on and ramble for a few minutes.

"What do you think he's doing?" she presses father.

"He could be doing anything at this point," I state. "So what about you?" I'm sick of answering questions about myself.

"Uh, just the usual, band concerts, fangirling, buying band merch and then fangirling," she says like it's no big thing.

"Oh," I say not really knowing how to respond.

Before we know it the bell rings. We hug an say the usual 'see you next year and have a great summer'.

~~~

I didn't really say goodbye to many people. I'm walking to my bus when I feel arms wrap around me. I look behind me and see Elissa.

"Bye, Bestie see you next year. Good luck on that thing," she says starting to walk to her own bus. I just roll my eyes and continue to my bus.

That is what she's been doing since I got on to America's got talent. I haven't said a word to her.

I find my seat and flop down putting in my headphones with a new smile on my face.

~~~

I walk down the street, I can hear the faint sound of everyone cheering at the pool. Not that I would dare to go.

After everything, only a few people still wanted to be my friend. All I heard for awhile was, "Ohhhhh, she thinks she's all that cause she was on a tv show," and "She's the one who kissed Connor Hutcherson." Like Shut the fuck up already.

So I just focus on the sound of my shoes slapping against the assault.

I open my door and flop on to the nearest couch. Of course as soon as I do though my phone buzzes indicating a text.

'How was your last day,' Of course from Connor.

'It was the last day,' I respond. He's gotten my schedule perfect for the last month or two.

'People still talking about how you kissed the most handsome person in the world,' he says adding a winky face at the end.

'Yeah,' I put a sad face just cause I don't feel like being mean right now. Usually I would say something snide or mean or sarcastic, but not today.

'What you didn't make fun of what I called myself? What kind of girlfriend are you,' he says and I can hear his voice actually saying that in my head, only making me laugh.

'No, not today. When are you coming home?' I send needing an answer as soon as possible.

'One more week as they say,' I can't stand that answer I feel like I've been hearing the same thing for awhile.

I send him a sad face not knowing what else to say.

'Only one week. They promise,' he says bringing my spirits up a little.

'Okay,' I just want him to have fun while he's there and not to worry about me, if he even would.

'Bye, love you,' he says with a kissy face.

I send him the same thing back.

My eyes drift to a shut and everything seems to be going my way.

~~~

The door opens letting in a breeze of hot warm, waking me up. I can tell my hair is a mess. I look to see Ben and Bear standing in the doorway. Bear comes over and jumps on me.

"How was your last day," I ask him as he tries to run away, but I catch him and pull him close.

"Good," He says without his adorable toddler voice. that's one thing he's lost since I first can, his cute, could make you do anything voice now sounds more stable and sure of his words.

"Good," I tell him as I let him go.

"How was your last day missy," Ben asks ruffling my, already a mess, hair.

"Good, the usual," I say as I stand up and climb the stairs looking for a hair brush.

"The usual, usual," He says, I start to tell him about what's been happening at school. So he knows about the teasing, people talking behind my back, and Elissa.

"Yeah," I say with a blank expression across my face, as I walk back down the stairs starting to brush my mess of hair, that is now down to the middle of my back.

"You should have told me earlier. I could have done something," he states making it seem as though it's his fault.

"You know I can deal with it. I've fought bigger battles," I say as i come to where he is in the living room now.

"Yeah, I just don't want you to fight in ones that you shouldn't," he says as I get some of th knots out and thorw my hair into a pony tail.

I go and sit next ot him and curl into is side, " I'm stronger than most may think," I say as I snuggle into his side even though it's really hot.