Chapter 9: I What!?!?!?

I wake up to the sweet, sweet smell of brewing tea. It's weird but I love it. I try to sit up but Bear is still asleep on me. I carefully pick him up and stand up then place him where we were sleeping all night.

I walk over to them and say "good morning."

"Hey look who's up," Ben says.

"Hey," is Meredith's simple reply as she sips her coffee.

I walk upstairs and go into my room then into the bathroom. I take off my shirt so I'm only wearing a bra and flip my head over the tub and turn on the water. I go though bags of clothes and find a pair of dark jeans and a gray striped cami then put a purple cardigan on top. I walk downstairs and see everyone sitting on the couch.

"What's going on?" I say walking down the steps and jumping over the last two landing on my feet.

Ben stands up and places Bear on the floor as he walks to the door he says "You'll see when we get there."

Bear wabbles up to me and jumps on to my leg. I pick him up and set him on my hip. Meredith walks to the door and holds it open "Come on you'll like it." I follow them to the truck and put him in his car seat while Meredith and Ben get in the front.

"So where are we going?"

"Well first we're going to get some breakfast and then we're going to drop off Bear at preschool, Then we are going to go somewhere else," he says as he pulls out of the driveway.

We go though the Burger King drive thru and eat in the truck. We drop Bear off and he gives me a hug before he leaves. Then I ask the question one more time hoping to get and answer this time. "So where are we going?".

"Well it is the middle of November. Do you know what that means?" He says while still looking at the road in front of him.

"No I don't know what that means."

"Well we both thought you should go ahead and start some school even if its a little late," Meredith says.

"Oh,okay," I say a little disappointed in the answer to the question I'd been asking all morning.

We pull up to a huge brick building with a sign that 'Louisville High School'. We park and walk in though the big double doors. Then into a huge office. Where Ben talks to a woman behind the desk about me starting to school there. We walk into the principal's' office and si tin the three chairs in front of the desk.

"So Mr. Lawerence. You are interested at enrolling your daughter at this high school." He says in a very proper voice.

"Yes, sir," Ben replies.

"Well she can start monday if she's up for it." he says in the same voice.

"Sooo......,' Ben says looking at me.

"Sure," I say in a really shaky voice.

"Okay, if you can wait here for a few minutes we can have your schedule printed out for you,' He says as he stands up and shakes Ben and Meredith's hand than mine.

We wait a few minutes and he comes out with a piece of paper in his hand then hands it to Ben.

"You can come to my office the first day and I'll show you where your first class is and introduce you to some of the other students," he say as he walks back to his office.

We walk back to the truck in silence. We get in the truck before anyone says anything.

We go and pick up Bear. Then we head to Target.

"What are we doing here?" I ask as we get out of the car.

Ben grabs Bear and replies "To shop for some school stuff. Why else?"

"Well thank you Mr. Obvious." I say as we walk though the doors.

We get a cart then walk over to the school supplies. I grab some binders, notebooks, pencils, and pens. Then we walk over to the technology section of the store and I'm really confused. Why would we be at that part of the store for? My question is answered when Ben asks the man behind the counter for an iphone. Before he gets it I interrupt.

"You don't need to do that," I say.

"No,I do I want you to fit in," he says looking me directly at me.

Then the man behind the counter passes Ben the phone with a piece of paper attached to it. We walk over to the cases and Ben tells me to pick out one of the LifeProof cases. I pick out one that's purple and black. After that we go to the check out and ben hands me a hand full of quarters and tells me to bring Bear with me. I put him on one of the rides then try to win a stuffed animal but waste two dollars worth of quarters trying.

We go home and eat dinner. I go to my room and put on some pajamas then fall asleep in my bed. And dream happy dreams.