Part 16

*************************Part 16

He watched mesmerised as Khushi guided the little girl practicing her rangoli. The loose strands of hair carelessly came rushing back to brush her smooth cheeks, the moment they were tucked behind the ears. His fingers itched to pull out the only pencil that held her hair tied into a messy bun.

Feeling an intense gaze, Khushi looked up. The little girl Neha didn't take long to get distracted.

Both felt it. Something under their chest stopped for a brief moment before racing at an uncontrollable speed. The smallest of smiles involuntarily rose in Arnav's head but they didn't reach his lips, while Khushi stared shamelessly with her mouth open at Arnav, dressed in bright white T and jeans. Khushi struggled to recognise the informal Arnav.

The little girl made no attempts to hide her opinion, "Namaste uncle, I have never seen you like this."

Cursing his di for putting him in this uncomfortable position, Arnav just pursed his lips tight and made his way to the office where his manager Sundar Murthy was waiting, when he turned back hearing,

"Didi tell him na, what you always tell me?" Neha nudged Khushi.

Khushi looked at the girl puzzled. Slapping her forehead Neha said aloud, "tell him something is missing."

Khushi looked at the girl still confused when she suddenly realised what the little girl was trying to say. She was going to stop her, but, it was too late, Neha blurted out.

Circling her little fingers in the air, pointing at his face, she said, "Uncle something is missing on your face"

Arnav looked at her puzzled and looked at Khushi. Khushi nodded a negative as if to say, "Not me, I didn't say anything"

"It's your smile." Neha laughed out loud.

For a moment Arnav was like, what the..

Bending down to the 5 year old, he asked seriously, "And what do I get?"

Khushi's eyes grew wide. She thought "Hey Devi maiyya, this Laad governor charges even for smiling."

Seeing that the black and white uncle was not serious, "this" Neha said and took the liberty to kiss him on his cheeks.

Khushi covered her mouth which had opened on their own accord. Giving the little girl the tinyest and rarest of smiles, Arnav stood up bringing a smile on both the girls.

Neha clapped delighted. Khushi couldn't take her eyes off him. She was still staring his back, long after he had walked away..

"Ms.Khushi Kumar Gupta, you still have to finalise menu with Sundar Murthy before leaving. Stop ogling and start working.."