Part 26

Part 26

*****-----*****

"Aman I thought I was clear when I told you I want to meet her." Arnav fumed at his assistant .

.

"Sir sorry sir, Ms.Gupta had already left when I went to inform. And. And."

Aman hesitated, not sure how to say.

.

"What is it? I don't have the whole day." Arnav glared at him.

.

"Sir, Ms.Gupta wasn't feeling well today as well." Aman said it as fast as he could in a single breath.

.

"Damn it, then why did she stay this long? Couldn't you.. " he paused. "What do you mean today as well?"

His voice went low and Aman could see the concern in his face. Aman had initially wondered about his boss's harsh treatment for Khushi, but now, he knew she had broken all barriers and conquered his heart. However he didn't like Khushi's cold behaviour towards him.

.

And that was a concern for Arnav too. Even though he had been extremely busy with his sister with the legal aspects of his parents case, Khushi, had sometimes shown soft corners, but still tried to maintain a little distance.

.

*****-----*****

"Payal ji. So nice to see you." Akash took the seat next to hers at a restaurant near to her work place. He was genuinely glad to see her. Supporting his cousins during their stressful time and looking after some major projects in office hardly gave him any free time.

.

Payal studied him carefully. He looked distant. Gone was the cheerful Akash who would tease her for the slightest of things. As if he had forgotten about the conversation they had had a few weeks ago. "Was he joking? Does he really have any feelings towards me? " she wondered. Though he had wanted to meet her early on, work and family had kept them both busy.

.

"Is everything Ok Akash ji? You wanted to see me urgently?" Payal wasn't sure how to talk to him. The easy camaraderie they shared was gone ever since he had expressed his wishes.

.

Akash relaxed. Because of the tension at home, and pressure at work, he realised it had been a long time since he had any down time. After thinking for a while, he finally spoke.

"Payal ji, Khushi. Is everything ok? When I spoke to Aman, he mentioned.. "

.

"Khushi. Why, is Khushi alright in office." Payal asked her concerns growing..

.

"You should tell me Payal ji. Hope she is ok now. Its been very very busy. Perhaps that's why she's feeling the pressure "

.

"Well..." Payal paused, trying to form her sentences right. "I'm not sure if it is work, but is there something at work that's bothering her? Why do I feel there is something that's bothering her. She is preoccupied. She doesn't talk much. When asked, she says there's nothing. She is behaving like an old woman. No jokes, no sankiness. Not my Khushi. Khushi has always been,.. aah, Khushi. Even my parents are concerned. "

.

Akash thought for a while, trying to think of times when he had interacted with her, but none stood out as anything extraordinary. "Do you think she is tensed because of the Bombay project? And she needs to travel. I suppose this is her first time."