Part 13

*******************

Part 13 

Khushi paced the length and breadth of her tiny room, biting her nails, mumbling to herself. Unsatisfied , she even circled around her Buaji's fifty year old bed, hoping she would find some answer or relief.

"Khushi, if you don't stop now, I will definitely call Buaji." It was the third time Payal was walking into the room to find a completely crazy Khushi.

"What is the matter, what happened?" Payal pulled Khushi by her shoulders, sat her by the bed. Khushi looked straight ahead into space.

"Jiji, he agreed. Sachi mein, he agreed. I can't believe we can get Babuji's operation done." Khushi was still having a blank face, as if she was a talking zombie.

Perplexed Payal shook her. "Who has agreed? And what are you talking about operation? KHUSHI tell me now. In detail" she shook her again.

Khushi blinked her eyes, coming back to the present. Realising what her sister was asking,"Jiji, I am so happy today, you will not believe it. But I'm am totally confused as well. "

"Khushi, I seriously don't know what this little bheja of yours is cooking. Are you going to keep talking in riddles or will you do the honour of explaining please maharani ji" Payal mocked, knowing it was good news, and Khushi being confused wasn't something new anyway.

"Jiji, I will, but first you must promise, you will not ask too many questions... as it is I am stressed out, you don't give me a headache" she held her head and wound her plait around her neck, mimicking her Buaji.

Payal only had to glare, Khushi started, "Ok ok, I will tell you " she took a deep breath.

"Arnva ji has agreed to give me a loan for Babuji's operation. Can you believe it?" pressing Payal's hand Khushi spoke.

Payal scrunched her eyebrows in doubt. Her sisterly instinct took charge. "Why? Why should he agree to give you? As it is you two are at loggerheads. What does he want in return. Khushi he's a businessman. He will not do anything without a motive. I'm sure there is something more. Or are you not telling me?"

"Jiji jijiiii, see I told you don't ask me too many questions. Don't ask me why I chose to ask him, don't ask me why he is being so nice to me, don't ask me why he agreed. All I know is he has asked me to work for his Di for sometime, I refused, that's when you called, then he asked again......" Khushi stopped,

Payal was more cautious, "and what else Khushi? What else does he want?"

"and nothing, no nothing, really nothing. I mean what more can there be, he wants me to work for his sister" Khushi tried to persuade her sister.

"Khushi, why can't you understand? Delhi is full of trained professionals who can fall at his feet in one phone call. The big question is why you?" Payal wasn't dumb to take whatever was thrown at her.