Part 8

Part 8

"Now what reason have you come up with, to come to my office. Were you not interested in going home, or was it not worth it..." his snide remarks shocked Khushi and Akash.

"Bhai? " Akash was flabbergasted, how can Bhai talk like this?

Khushi flung her cloth bag across her shoulders, "Akash ji, I came to meet you. My work is done, I must get going. Say hello to Anjali ji." with that she went to the door ignoring Arnav and his comments, as if it never happened.

She headed straight to the wash room. Within the confines of the small room, she broke down. "Why does he think so ill of me? What have I done? And to think, this man has been ruling my waking hours and sleepless nights. "

Past teej, Khushi was well aware of her attraction to him, but she was too timid to confess to herself. A guilty secret that she wouldn't admit to herself. Her morals allowed no such immodest thoughts.

Yes he despised her, he left no opportunity to insult her, show her status, show his supremacy. But she was also witness to the loving uncle, devoted brother, responsible man towards his family. And how could she forget, his intense gaze burning her, his touch though rough, warm and safe. Yet going down the route of hating him, unknowingly she was drawn to him like a moth to fire. But being a sanskari girl, she knew how to control her wishes and desires. This was not her upbringing.

"Bhai, you shouldn't have spoken to Khushi ji like that." Akash, who was stunned to silence until now, finally spoke but still in great shock of witnessing his brother's venomous tongue first hand.

"Akash, I have seen a lot of these girls, you don't understand, they can do anything. It looks like you have been smitten by her." Arnav didn't mince his words to get across his thoughts. He was not blind to his brother's involvement with the Guptas. Way more than what was needed.

"Bhai stop. Please" Akash put his hand up, but had not forgotten his manners. Astound, Akash raised his voice, Arnav stared at Akash.

"Akash" Arnav whispered in surprise.

"No Bhai, you will not say anything. Not in this matter, please. In your haste a great deal of harm has already been done. So I would appreciate if you did not interfere in this issue. We may never come to truce. And if you are interested in knowing, then yes I do love someone, but no, not Khushi ji. Khushi ji is like a sister to me. Please don't pull her into this, she is innocent."

A double whammy. Once again Arnav was silenced. He had to rethink about his little brother, who was no more little. "For someone who wouldn't dare complete a sentence in front of me, publicly claiming his love is something to reckon with."