Part 25

*****-----******

Part 25

*****-----*****

"Akash ji?" Khushi raised her eyebrows seeing her phone flashing Akash name.

Payal's ears shot out and eyes went wide. "what is this Akash ji up to, hey bhagvan.." she thought, with all her attention towards the phone call.

"Ji Akash ji, I will come. Haan haan, straight away." She got up as she spoke, and headed towards her room.

All eyes were on her when she came out with her cloth bag hung around her shoulders, ready to go out. Buaji spoke out , "hey parameshwari, what have you done now? Why did Akash babua call you?"

"Buaji." Khushi glared at her in defence. "I have NOT done anything. I don't even know why he has called me." She looked up to see no one was convinced. She explained " Babuji, because the show is nearing, I have been in office last four days. I have not met anyone from the Raizada family, so for your kind information I am not the trouble maker."

"Ok ok, finish your chai beta" Shashi insisted. It was a rare thing now a days, for the family to meet for evening tea. Normally, Payal and Shashi returned late from their kitchen business premises which was only about a mile away. Khushi, sometimes working at office, sometimes at Anjali's house, normally managed to arrive in time of dinner.

Since their return from Mathura, she had not seen Arnav. Day by day her concerns grew. She knew he was up to something but didn't think it was right to intrude, since his family always gave him good support. She had tried to enquire about him subtly two days ago. Even Aman didn't know where his boss was. But today, she felt something working and hence had tried to contact Akash, Anjali, Nani. She just wanted to make sure he was fine and all of them assured her with the same answer. "He is in his other house". Thinking he was fine, she had gone home early only to receive this scary call from Akash.

.

Different questions swarmed her head. She remembered how silent he was through out their journey back from Mathura. Not that he spoke otherwise, anyway. But that one moment when their eyes met, she could feel his heart bleeding. Of course it would after listening to what they had.

**********---*****

"Akash ji, what is happening? Is everything ok?" Payal called Akash just to confirm and she was concerned for Khushi.

.

"Don't worry Payal ji, an urgent issue has propped up and Nani wanted to meet Khushi. Did you know Khushi had been to Mathura? "

.

"Well, we came to know when Khushi returned, it was a bit late that day."

.

"Oh, is it? " Ok ok." Akash replied, "that's fine Payal ji, I will call you tomorrow."

.

"Ji, please can you call me if Khushi is late, I will send one of the boys here."

.

"Payal ji." Akash stopped. "you know I wouldn't send her alone at night."

.

.

*****-----*****

When Khushi entered Shantivan, there was pin drop silence. She saw Nani slowly pacing the length and breadth of the huge living room. She looked tensed and worried. Seeing Khushi gave her some hope and relief.