Part 18

Part 18 * "Anjali ji, here are the details of the pooja." Khushi handed her neatly scribbled notes to Anjali. The three siblings, Akash, Arnav and Anjali were sat by the pool relaxing.

Arnav gave a quick glance. She stood like a school kid handing over her homework in the staff room, shifting her weight from one leg to the other, waiting for her results.

"Khushi ji, your handwriting is very good. Chotey you should take classes from her." Anjali teased her brother. Arnav rolled his eyes, acting busy on his laptop.

"Ok, this is good, thanks Khushi ji, l will go through this later. What time will you be coming in the morning."

"I will try and get here early to sort out last minute preparations. Payal will be bringing the breakfast orders later." She confirmed. Anjali noticed how Akash's ears stood out.

Nani had ordered khasta kachori and chickpea subzi, traditional Lucknowi breakfast for the few guests coming for pooja. Pooja being early in the morning at 7 am, Anjali's parents in law, sister in law, and a few select relatives and neighbours were the only ones joining.

"6.45 am, Pundit ji will be here. 7am pooja starts, so I will be here to help you out. By 10 everything should be done 11am I will be at the ashram. Last minute practice and arrangements for the evening before the function starts at the ashram....."

After giving out details, which by now, she knew of heart she handed a sheet of paper to Arnav, "Sir, here is your list for the program. I have briefed Aman ji as well. Just ask him if you have any doubts."

Without bothering to look at the list, he gave a strange look. Why did she keep moving to and fro from Arnav Ji to Sir he wondered.

Just before leaving, remembering something, Khushi again spoke to Anjali, "Also Anjali ji, I have got all your family costumes from AR. Nani's and your Mami's are also here. I will sort them out and see you tomorrow"

When she was gone, Anjali remarked, "She is good isn't it?"

Akash's nod confirmed her statement.

After a few seconds of thought, Arnav only said,

"Very." Anjali looked up surprised. What was chotey thinking, his voice was very husky. She realised he was still staring at the door where Khushi had just left. He looked on full of adoration. Was this really her Chotey? She had not seen him praise anyone verbally. Anyone. Not even Aman, though he had received frequent bonuses.

Arnav mumbled something incoherent and walked to his room to get a file. While Anjali and Akash got back to catching up with all the rumours. *****

"Haan Jiji, you have told me this a hundred times now..." Khushi was sleepy, a big day ahead to look for.

"Yeah yeah, I know, just listen once more please please please." Payal pleaded. She didn't want anything to go wrong.