Part 17

Part 17

"Nahi, Annav mama never goes, so there is no need. I will become just like my mama when I grow up" Arun was adamant. Arnav's chest swell with pride as he stood at the door, arms across his chest, watching Khushi convince him to go for the aarti oblivious of his presence.

"Hey Devi maiyya, one more laad governor. Can't deal with one, and now we have another chota laad governor." Khushi held her head with her hand.

"What the.." he thought, but didn't disturb them.

Sitting down to his height, giving him a cute smile, Khushi explained,

"Ok baba, fine you need not go. But I can go isn't "

Arun nodded already thinking of different ways to spend his time.

Arnav watched her every move as she tried to convince Arun. Every expression, her expressive eyes. He watched, as her fingers moved with great dexterity, tickling his nephew's tummy. And in no time he saw his little nephew had already agreed for the aarti and both were setting off. He saw her slender hands lifting the little boy with all her strength and latching him on her waist. His eyes caught the shine in her golden bangles.

"Aap, when did you come?" Khushi mentally kicked herself. Why does she have to ask him this question every time and every time being his own house.

With his lopsided grin, Arnav raised his eye brows.

"Sorry, we have to go " She excused before he could say "This is my house", but the damage had been done. "Annav Maama, Yippe, yes, I'm coming with you maama " and an excited Arun leapt from Khushi to Arnav.

"Arun, your mamma called you for pooja" Khushi tried unsuccessfully again. Anjali was keen that her children do everything and her chotey wasn't as helpful.

"Ok champ lets get this over, your maama will join you as well" Arnav exclaimed and made his way towards the prayer room.

Nani's was too emotional to see the three coming. They looked like a perfect family. After going through all the difficulties they went through, she was very happy Anjali had found someone with whom she could spend her life. Was she being greedy asking for her grandson too. Didn't they deserve happiness. That day was start of the many silent prayers she made to her Devi maiyya.

"Arrey wah, whom do we have today. Look Anjali, even your brother has joined for the pooja today." Arvind teased his brother in law.

"Jijaji, I thought di was stubborn, but her son surpasses her. I don't want to hear from you wife about me spoiling her sons." Arnav complained tickling Arun.

"Then imagine my plight" Arvind picked up the cue.

"If you are both done complaining about me and my sons, then can we start?" Anjali showed mock annoyance.