Part 15

Part 15

"Oh, is that what it meant? Special events organiser?" Khushi wondered waiting for Arnav to get back from his phone call.

Both sat next to his pool, briefing the event, when his right hand man called.

"Chal Khushi. Your first task working for this laad governor. Organise his little nephews naming ceremony which coincides with his late mothers birthday."

Khushi was about to move out when Arnav gestured with his index finger mouthing "one moment." It seemed he was discussing a very important deal. But for that matter, when had he had any less important deal Khushi thought.

Khushi watched around her. She didn't miss a chance to check out everything. His plants, his pool, his room adjoining the pool. It was a beautiful place. Class. Everything oozed with class. Not just class, high class. Yet there was something personal induced into all of that. Probably his plants gave it the natural, personal look, she deduced.

And finally she took all her time to watch the man himself. He was the only odd one out. All the inanimate things had life, but the person himself was lifeless. No laugh. No emotions. No cry, oo never, he made others cry. Even in the moments of joy he showed towards his family, he looked hollow. He seemed sad. Always. As if, all his life was distributed into all his surroundings.

Before her thoughts took different directions, Arnav turned around shouting at Aman, only to see her staring at him.

Khushi immediately looked away. "Of course. Anger. How could you forget that. That is the only emotion he has. Now poor Aman ji is on the firing line."

***********************

"Akash, from which temple is this prasad?" Anjali asked, while taking the offerings from Devi maiyyas temple.

Before he could answer, Anjali spoke, enjoying the sweet "Mmm. Yummy, this jilebi is just as tasty as Khushi ji's."

"Ah Di, actually I met Payal ji at the temple and she gave me a box. She had offered it at the temple." Akash replied, as if it was a norm for him to visit temple.

Anjali, though taken aback, did not show her surprise. "oh its yum. Sweet, just like her. Akash, do you like her? "

Sometimes asking directly without beating around the bush worked. Putting the other person out of their comfort zone, in the process, revealing more than what was necessary. Being a lawyer, Anjali knew how to get information.

"Di!" Akash was taken aback. Was it that obvious. Struggling as he was, with himself for not having enough courage to express his love for Payal, he didn't know he made it that obvious.

"Well, she is good. But..." he hesitated, "Anyway, nothing Di, Payal ji usually goes to temple on Tuesdays and Fridays." He didn't want to show his weakness yet. He would work towards it.

Anjali didn't pursue much. "Akash, you know where I am in case you need any help."