Part 24

*****-*****Part 24-----*****-----

.

"But there is no point in digging the past. Why do you want to meet Chachi? We know what happened. Chotey you never wanted to talk about this all these years, why now?" Anjali didn't want to open their wounds which had barely healed. Rather they had got used to living with it. It was a terrible blow to her to lose everything in one day, parents, marriage and a roof. In spite of all this, she had come out strong from her past. And she detested to go back to it or even think about it.

"Di, I am sorry. I don't mean to hurt you in any way." Arnav discussed with his sister and Nani, while the rest of the family merried with the kids. Sunday afternoon Anjali and family had been invited to Shantivan for lunch.

Arnav continued, "and Di, actually I have been thinking about this from a long time now. l used to refuse to think about it before, but now I want to close the chapter. I want to meet Chachi and may be that would be the last time I would see her. Chachi was always loving. I do remember her with fond memories."

"True Chotey, But I don't want you to go alone. I want to go with you, I want to see Chachi as well, but I am not happy to take the little one so far. So.."

Arnav interrupted,"Oh no no Di, I wouldn't go if I were you now. I don't want you to travel. I think she has been in Mathura, her maternal town from a good many years now. I will plan something in the next few weeks." he looked distant.

Anjali was worried, but she didn't know what to suggest. Suddenly he had come up with this idea of meeting his Chachi, their father's brother's wife . And like every other time, when the past was dug, she was thrown off balance.

Nani finally spoke, "Anjali bitiya, don't worry. Let him face it. It's his way of closing things, let him do it. It will only make him strong. Don't worry he will not be alone. We are all with him."

Both siblings looked at her, but Nani had nothing more either.

******-----*****

"Finally I could get a few minutes of the upcoming business women of today Ms. Payal Gupta. I get my treat today." Akash teased Payal. Both sat in a restaurant drinking tea with onion fritters. ."Sorry Akash ji, you know how its been. I have been running all around Delhi. I can't believe it's me you know. You know, if it wasn't for Khushi's and your help, I wouldn't have managed. But hey, we have met a few times, and had tea as well."

Last few months had seen both Payal and Akash throw away some of their reserves and manage to have some friendly conversation without bothering too much about the formalities.

"Yeah, but hasn't it always been with either your assistant Adi or with all your staff running around your kitchen asking for hundred things, or with your parents, c'mon Payal."

Payal smiled warmly. She didn't know what to make of his casual talk. Giving him another of her beautiful smile, she changed the topic.

"Ok ok, tell me about the girl your mum arranged last week. How is she? Do we hear wedding bells soon?" she teased.