Chapter 46|Light

Amare fussed over me, wrapping my wrist with a splint and using her magic to heal my burns. "I'm so glad your okay, Thistle." Amare wrapped bandages around the worst burns. After all, magic couldn't do everything. The entire team was gathered in the common room, lounging after the mission. They deserved relaxation. Ave was sprawled across Loki and I's couch, wiping the blood off of her spear. Once Amare released me, I went over to sit next to Loki. He put his arm around me protectively as I leaned into his chest. Flurries of snowflakes fell outside.

Steve was sitting in the corner, drawing in his sketchbook. Ave slid the now golden cuff onto her arm. She hooked her arm around her wife's waist, pulling Amare into the couch with her. Amare's pale face flushed. Ave pressed a kiss to her lover's ivory hair.

Peter bounced into the room, shrugging off his backpack. "Thistle!" He tackled me in a hug, pulling me out from under Loki's arm. Loki sent a death glare towards his friend, but Peter ignored it. "Mr.Stark texted me saying you're back but I couldn't believe it!" Peter exclaimed, releasing me. "You're hugs are almost as bone-crushing as Snowdrop's." I twisted, popping my back. I flopped onto Loki's lap, his arms automatically wrapping around me.

With a shimmer of green magic, Loki teleported us to the couch next to the tangle of limbs that was Ave and Amare. "The floor isn't very comfortable." I shifted my head so my horns wouldn't shank him. "No, but my boyfriend is." Tony gagged from across the room. I rolled my eyes.

The TV flicked on, earning our attention. "I think you'll want to see this." JARVIS announced. A video of a beam of light played. My eyes widened as I realized that the beacon was above the ruins of Solaris. Marigold looked up from her puzzle. "Solaris..." she whispered. The news reporter spoke. "These lights have been appearing all over the world, seemingly above either ruins or settlements. They have been revealed to be inhabited by elves, like New York's own hero, Eclipse. We are not sure how or why these lights have appeared. Now for the weather."

"Mother kept her promise. Every elven settlement has been revealed to the humans," I said, "she's declared a war, and it's all my fault." Loki's arms tightened around me reassuredly. "It is not your fault, prickly." Ave said.

(Timeskip brought to you by Odin's beard)

A ball of light floated above Marigold's hands. "Very good, Mari." I complimented. "Excellant form." Snowdrop leaned against the doorframe. She adjusted her crown and summoned a ball of light. It cast an icy glow on her face. "How was your meeting?" Tony asked from the boxing ring. Snowdrop sighed, releasing the spell. She slid down the floor. "I didn't think making Stardust Grove an official country would be so difficult." Snowdrop tugged off her leather satchel, a few papers spilling out of it.

"I'm ready for the next spell." Marigold said. Her spell burst between her hands. "The next spell is slightly more difficult. However, but since you're attuned to the sun, it'll be slightly easier for you. For this spell you must draw your rune exactly right." I took out my sketchpad and a stick of charcoal, drawing the rune of fire. Marigold traced the rune with her finger. The paper set on fire. I panicked, afraid to burn my sketchbook. I batted the flame away. Marigold's eyes widened. "You can touch it, the fire won't hurt you." The blonde elfling tentatively reached for the small ball of fire. She giggled as her hands cupped it. "It tickles." I grinned. "That's two spells, Mari."